• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steve_Zissou

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2017
    Baltimore City
    I've already got a bit of a Vepr problem (or is it a Vepr solution?) and in light of the SLR104's availability issues, I've been turning my eye towards the Molot option for a 5.45 slavgun.

From what I've gathered, there seem to be no issues getting a 5.45 Vepr in this state if it's in the thumbhole/slant-cut/hunter handguard configuration, but I was wondering if anybody here has tried to or had any luck transferring one of the new Vepr FM's with the tubular/folding stocks and the straight-cut receivers?

If so, that seems like it would be a killer SLR104 replacement for about the same $$$ (and probably with better accuracy), as long as the extra weight doesn't bother you. Does anyone here have any more info/experience with this?

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Run up to Duffy's in Sparks before they are gone. And, my understanding is, once the Vepr is modified, it takes it out of MD compliance, as in its imported sporter condition.

Steve_Zissou

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2017
    Baltimore City
    Yeah, the timing for this topic was AWFUL. Before we all learned a few hours later that Vepr was FUBAR in the US, I was trying to figure out if anyone had considered trying to slip the FM AK Veprs through some MSP loophole the way the SLR104FR's were able to skirt Johnny law, so that we could have another option for square-cut receiver 5.45 awesomeness in this state.

Yeah, now it's time to snatch a slant-cut 5.45 ASAP and hope to god for some sort of common-sense clarification from MSP detaching 922r compliance from the AWB shit list so we can at least lose the butthole stocks on our intermediate-caliber Veprs (nice, though the Vepr butthole stock is) and replace them with slant-cut adaptors, US made furniture and muzzle devices. Half the fun of 5.45 is that with a Ruskie brake it shoots like .22lr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom