• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How Long Did It Take TO Get Your HQL Approval?

• < 1 Day

Votes: 70 7.3%
    • 2 Days

Votes: 60 6.3%
    • 3 Days

Votes: 44 4.6%
    • 4 Days

Votes: 22 2.3%
    • 5 Days

Votes: 31 3.2%
    • 6 Days

Votes: 18 1.9%
    • 7 Days

Votes: 47 4.9%
    • 8 Days

Votes: 21 2.2%
    • 9 Days

Votes: 30 3.1%
    • 10+ Days

Votes: 611 63.8%
    • Denied HQL

Votes: 8 0.8%

• Total voters

gooder

Aug 26, 2011
    Now, I'm waiting patiently for my Maryland Designated Collectors application to hopefully be accepted so I can buy more than 1 regulated firearm a month!

When did you submit your DC app? I turned mine in 11/16, called MSP on 12/1, Trooper Thomas looked me up and said I was approved:D. Letter should be received shortly. Kind of useless since my HQL is still in pending status (submitted 11/10) with only 2 items showing "completed":sad20:

Saml

I survived the rapture
    Nov 27, 2016
    HoCo(lumbia)
    When did you submit your DC app? I turned mine in 11/16, called MSP on 12/1, Trooper Thomas looked me up and said I was approved:D. Letter should be received shortly. Kind of useless since my HQL is still in pending status (submitted 11/10) with only 2 items showing "completed":sad20:

I mailed my DC application in on the 16th of November as well! :0 I haven't called them yet regarding it because I read it can take up to 3 months and even 1 month before they have yours. That's great that you've been approved so quickly and your letter is on the way! :D. What number did you call?

I hear you 100% on the HQL though, being as mine took the full 30 days before I was approved. Waiting for the card now. :). I already purchased a handgun (Tokarev TTC) last week though. (It's C&R so I didn't need an HQL to buy it. Still has a 7 day wait and it's still regulated however. So I'm counting on that DC to come through!)

Anyhow, 5 days more tops for you man, congrats :)

Baesick

Nov 29, 2016
    Hanover, MD
    I was 23 so hopefully I'm not too far behind and get approve today

Im sure you'll definitely get it today. I noticed mine must have finished sometime from 5PM -10PM. I thought it would be 9AM-5PM normal business hours, but I guess not, so check throughout the day!

Mrlexed88

Amateur Race Car Driver
    Nov 28, 2016
    Harford
    Im sure you'll definitely get it today. I noticed mine must have finished sometime from 5PM -10PM. I thought it would be 9AM-5PM normal business hours, but I guess not, so check throughout the day!

Checked on lunch break. Instant background, DJS and 2nd review is incomplete. Everything else was completed

gooder

Aug 26, 2011
    They must've finally reached my application (or updated the site). This morning only two items were completed back on 11/10. Checked back after lunch now all but two have been completed showing today's date. Almost there.

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    Checked my this morning, nothing. Checked an hour ago DU DU DU DONE! Woo Hoo!

Program: Firearms Services License Number: HQL-2016-xxxxxx License Status: Active
    Certification Date: 12/6/2016 Expiration Date: 12/5/2026

wowmattsays

Oct 4, 2016
    OH MAN TODAY IS A HAPPY DAY.

Applied 11/12
    Approved 12/6
    Card in hand: ??

I did my best to not jump out of my seat when i saw that "Active" indicator!!

Mrlexed88

Amateur Race Car Driver
    Nov 28, 2016
    Harford
    Checked on lunch break. Instant background, DJS and 2nd review is incomplete. Everything else was completed

Still no change. I keep logging out and refreshing and rechecking the check list like it's going to speed up the process. Applied 11/11/16 so if not tonight only a few more days before I hit 30 days

JLHouck68

Dec 6, 2016
    Thurmont
    Submitted application on 11/15. Application fee and DHMH are complete but the rest is incomplete. Very hard to not log in every other hour to check status. Only a couple more days to wait. I have a family member that wants to gift a Taurus pt92 9mm to me when this completes. Do I have to have the card in hand when we go to the barracks? Or do I just need the license number once its active?

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Submitted application on 11/15. Application fee and DHMH are complete but the rest is incomplete. Very hard to not log in every other hour to check status. Only a couple more days to wait. I have a family member that wants to gift a Taurus pt92 9mm to me when this completes. Do I have to have the card in hand when we go to the barracks? Or do I just need the license number once its active?

I don't know about at the barracks but at an FFL you need to have the card in hand.

gooder

Aug 26, 2011
    I may have hit a snag on mine. MSP Trooper contacted me advising he didn't see my training exemption. I did the Texas Hunter training online course which others here have done and were successfully approved.

Resent form letter and Texas Hunter Temp ID to MSP trooper, but now he's saying that he needs to see the Texas DNR card.

For those who did the Texas Hunter online training course did any of you encounter this problem?

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    I may have hit a snag on mine. MSP Trooper contacted me advising he didn't see my training exemption. I did the Texas Hunter training online course which others here have done and were successfully approved.

Resent form letter and Texas Hunter Temp ID to MSP trooper, but now he's saying that he needs to see the Texas DNR card.

For those who did the Texas Hunter online training course did any of you encounter this problem?

Should that be a training exemption or standard application since you took the training? I did training exempt since I already owned a regulated firearm and just included the s/n of the firearm.

kostic

Oct 2, 2014

Nope, I just got my HQL card in the mail and all I sent was the certificate of completion of the Texas hunters safety course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom