• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Pretty much figured that you have to leave your hardware in WV.

I believe its worse than that - from my understanding, a person might become subject to MARYLAND firearms laws regarding PURCHASE...

Oh, the irony. Domiciled in WV with Constitutional carry and must have an HQL to buy a handgun... There's got to be a lawsuit somewhere in there...

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    as sombody who is leaving both maryland and the country in a week, i used a PA address about 7 years before i changed my residence to md because of marriage.

183 days or not, nobody is checking, and in the event that somthing comes up simply disagree, tell them to prove it.

if i come back to md for work, i have no intention on being a md resident, ill have property in wv or pa at that point

That's what I thought, how the hell would they know?

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    If you have a WV DL you can purchase firearms in WV. You would also have to register your car in WV. If it's registered in MD, they will expect you to live there and pay taxes there.

ivwarrior

Jul 20, 2010
    I believe its worse than that - from my understanding, a person might become subject to MARYLAND firearms laws regarding PURCHASE...

Oh, the irony. Domiciled in WV with Constitutional carry and must have an HQL to buy a handgun... There's got to be a lawsuit somewhere in there...

https://www.atf.gov/questions-and-a...tate-and-owns-property-another-state-purchase
    If a person maintains a home in 2 States and resides in both States for certain periods of the year, he or she may, during the period of time the person actually resides in a particular State, purchase a firearm in that State. However, simply owning property in another State does not alone qualify the person to purchase a firearm in that State.

My understanding, as long as you are maintaining a home and actually living part of the year in each state, when you are actually living in State A, you may purchase in state A just like a full time resident of State A. The same goes when you're living in State B. So, while living in WV, you'd follow the WV resident laws for purchases there. When living in MD, you'd have to follow MD law.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom