• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ronan

3D Printing Guru
    Jul 30, 2018
    Annapolis, MD
    CC is more prevalent but the reactions you talk about have never happened to me and I have OC more times than many others here.

Just my experience

That's great then! From what people are generally posting on the internet, it seems its not widely accepted and surprises quite a few individuals when they see it.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Honestly, I believe the people who complain about OC the most, are the same people who'd prefer to see firearms out of 'their world' entirely. They may not be rabid anti's, but they seem to be cut from the same cloth. "Sometimes who makes the most noise, wins."

There's pros and cons to both Open and Concealed. Personally, I love having the option go Open - the comfort factor alone. A good OWB holster and belt, you can truly forget you're even carrying in a stunningly short amount of time. May be hard for some to grasp, but there is truth to it.

Ronan

3D Printing Guru
    Jul 30, 2018
    Annapolis, MD
    Honestly, I believe the people who complain about OC the most, are the same people who'd prefer to see firearms out of 'their world' entirely. They may not be rabid anti's, but they seem to be cut from the same cloth. "Sometimes who makes the most noise, wins."

There's pros and cons to both Open and Concealed. Personally, I love having the option go Open - the comfort factor alone. A good OWB holster and belt, you can truly forget you're even carrying in a stunningly short amount of time. May be hard for some to grasp, but there is truth to it.

I get it... i have seen and tried a TON of CC holsters. Never found one that's comfortable.

This one was one of the weirdest one:
    Urban-Carry-Total-Concealment-Holster-475x280.jpg

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    That's great then! From what people are generally posting on the internet, it seems its not widely accepted and surprises quite a few individuals when they see it.

Many who pontificate from behind their keyboards have never done either and spout what other "experts" say.

there is zero empirical data that one method is superior to the other. Mostly its opinion or conjecture, not facts

Unlike them, I have real world experience doing it in several states with no issues.

That's my experience.

Take it or leave it. Matters not to me.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I have YET to find an IWB that's as comfortable as even the cheesiest OWB with a good belt.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    yeah there's a northern virginia open carry website and most say they are rarely if ever even noticed. between being affixed to smartphones, kids, etc, most aren't focused on checking out your hips, plus with arms hanging down at sides it's not super-apparent.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I have gotten a little thick in the middle in the last few years. I have used several IWB holsters from Milt Sparks Versa Maxto a Crossbreed Supertuck and several others (Theis and a competitor)

I am more comfortable carrying OWB in a Blackhawk Serpa or Safilandand with a Beltman belt than IWB now. I OC'd at NRA using this combo and forgot it was there.

No ND discharges either

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I've come to accept that IWB with a 32 or a 4" M&P .45 just isn't going to work for my scrawny ass. Just not physically built right to make it work.

Ronan

3D Printing Guru
    Jul 30, 2018
    Annapolis, MD
    Many who pontificate from behind their keyboards have never done either and spout what other "experts" say.

there is zero empirical data that one method is superior to the other. Mostly its opinion or conjecture, not facts

Unlike them, I have real world experience doing it in several states with no issues.

That's my experience.

Take it or leave it. Matters not to me.

Have to take everything on the internet with a large grain (lump?) of salt. But there's a overwhelming amount of articles/posts/etc about it.

I have YET to find an IWB that's as comfortable as even the cheesiest OWB with a good belt.

lethal-lace-concealed-carry-holster-1.gif

:lol:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Have to take everything on the internet with a large grain (lump?) of salt. But there's a overwhelming amount of articles/posts/etc about it.

Don't believe everything you read on the internet, especially about firearms.

How many who pontificate have actually done it or had any experiences while doing it.

I have.

kaliroger

Jul 20, 2018
    Frederick County, MD
    I am guessing that in most states where they have/permit OC, getting a CC is not going to be a big deal, therefore people doing OC must prefer it over CC, and those who prefer CC, well we never notice it.)

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    You'll notice, as with anything else, it doesn't take much to get a 'dogpile' going - on anything. 1 bad article, using whatever justification they can, and it'll go on for long after we've all gone back to dust.

Carrying a gun is a personal choice. You're either comfortable doing so, or not. Whatever you choose, that's fine by me. Same goes for your method of carry.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    yeah there's a northern virginia open carry website and most say they are rarely if ever even noticed. between being affixed to smartphones, kids, etc, most aren't focused on checking out your hips, plus with arms hanging down at sides it's not super-apparent.
    The actual website is Open Carry dot org and is a national site, but has an active Virginia sub forum.

https://forum.opencarry.org

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    That happened to me in Wyoming when out there on business. A couple of men walked into the hotel guns holstered on their belt. The people with me got nervous and asked are they police...I looked up and calmly said nope, oil workers. Still looking worried I explained to them "we are no longer in the Democratic People's Republic of Maryland(DPRM). People out here carry....half the people we met with today were "printing" and in some places out here they ARE 911. Takes the police 1/2 hour + to get to them." I can't wait to move out of DPRM.

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    Well with the 9th ruling the other week and the possibility of the SCOTUS hearing the case and ruling in our favor, people better get used to seeing OC.

SummitCnty

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Frederick County
    I think with all of the LEO and Agencies in the DMV people don’t get too worked up or notice someone with a weapon on their side. I see it on a somewhat regular basis in DC around my work and people don’t really pay attention to someone in street clothes with a pistol on their side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom