• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • omegaZ87

Apr 26, 2013
    Maryland
    Sorry for the late reply, started a new job this week and have been really busy. the problem is not that I am a noob who simply can't figure out how to shoot an AK - although I def am a noob and have no problem admitting that.

I took the rifle back to the shop where it was purchased and told the guys there about the issue. The played with it a little and could tell that something was def wrong but could not figure out exactly what it was so the sent it back to century arms.

Hopefully I will get back a fully functional rifle before Oct 1.

Quick question though - if century needs to work on it past Oct 1 they can still send it back to me right? Since it was purchased before the date?

Those who are being helpful, I do appreciate it. Those who wanna bash me for my inexperience, go right ahead:) I'm glad making fun of me helps you feel better about yourselves

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Sorry for the late reply, started a new job this week and have been really busy. the problem is not that I am a noob who simply can't figure out how to shoot an AK - although I def am a noob and have no problem admitting that.

I took the rifle back to the shop where it was purchased and told the guys there about the issue. The played with it a little and could tell that something was def wrong but could not figure out exactly what it was so the sent it back to century arms.

Hopefully I will get back a fully functional rifle before Oct 1.

Quick question though - if century needs to work on it past Oct 1 they can still send it back to me right? Since it was purchased before the date?

Those who are being helpful, I do appreciate it. Those who wanna bash me for my inexperience, go right ahead:) I'm glad making fun of me helps you feel better about yourselves

If they send you back the same gun after october 1 your fine. If they send you back a different one you are screwed unless the shop drafts a receipt showing the firearm was ordered before October 1 (purchase order). Without the purchase order you can't take possession of a banned gun after October 1.

omegaZ87

Apr 26, 2013
    Maryland
    If they send you back the same gun after october 1 your fine. If they send you back a different one you are screwed unless the shop drafts a receipt showing the firearm was ordered before October 1 (purchase order). Without the purchase order you can't take possession of a banned gun after October 1.
    Arr - honestly the best thing that can happen would be to get back a 100% functional rifle before the 1st leaving me with 2 options.

1) keep it and be happy that even though i paid a grand for a 400 dollar rifle, i now have a perfectly functioning ak-47 and live in MD

2) if i get it back in the next week or so I would try putting it up for consignment for the same price I paid for it and order a 500 dollar WASR and ammo/mags with the money saved.. I know a lot more about these guns than I did back in April when I purchased it, and i know i can find one for a better price online.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Arr - honestly the best thing that can happen would be to get back a 100% functional rifle before the 1st leaving me with 2 options.

1) keep it and be happy that even though i paid a grand for a 400 dollar rifle, i now have a perfectly functioning ak-47 and live in MD

2) if i get it back in the next week or so I would try putting it up for consignment for the same price I paid for it and order a 500 dollar WASR and ammo/mags with the money saved.. I know a lot more about these guns than I did back in April when I purchased it, and i know i can find one for a better price online.

Please bear with me, Im trying to help you here.

You have several problems with your scenario.

You will have trouble getting nearly close to what you paid for that AK on the second hand market if it still has problems, especially if you sell ot here where people know its plagued. Even if you do sell it at a reduced amount you may be forced to transfer at aMSP Barracks. Many MD shops are cutting off transfers and not all release after 8 days which will make it a harder sell.

Here is what I suggest. Have the shop send it back to century and draft a sales receipt for a new WASR in case they replace it. If they replace it with another problem AK youll have the peperwork needed to get the replacement in your name. If it is replaced or the same gun and its still problematic, bring it to me and I'll take a look at your AK at no charge to evaluate. It could be a really minor issue and I'll get it fixed up in an affordable manner. I know you didn't get the gun from my shop but I don't like seeing people get screwed over, especiay at the price you paid.

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011

You will have trouble getting nearly close to what you paid for that AK on the second hand market if it still has problems, especially if you sell ot here where people know its plagued. Even if you do sell it at a reduced amount you may be forced to transfer at aMSP Barracks. Many MD shops are cutting off transfers and not all release after 8 days which will make it a harder sell.

Here is what I suggest. Have the shop send it back to century and draft a sales receipt for a new WASR in case they replace it. If they replace it with another problem AK youll have the peperwork needed to get the replacement in your name. If it is replaced or the same gun and its still problematic, bring it to me and I'll take a look at your AK at no charge to evaluate. It could be a really minor issue and I'll get it fixed up in an affordable manner. I know you didn't get the gun from my shop but I don't like seeing people get screwed over, especiay at the price you paid.

Absolutely! I know you will be out a few hundred dollars, but at least you will have a functional rifle if you take Clandestine up on this very generous offer. Chock up the extra money to the learning curve... believe me... we've ALL been there!

omegaZ87

Apr 26, 2013
    Maryland

I am completely taken back by your generosity. I believe the guys I bought it from have already mailed it back to Century, so I am just waiting on hearing back from them. I will keep you all informed.

Thanks for all the help!

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I am completely taken back by your generosity. I believe the guys I bought it from have already mailed it back to Century, so I am just waiting on hearing back from them

What is the name of your store and where is it located?

Thanks for all the help!

My name it Chad, I'm a Gunsmith at Scotts Gunsithing, 231 Thelma Avenue, Glen Burnie, MD 21061.

When you get it back let me know and well see if you still need help, if so I'm here to assist. I'm not sure of your location and how far I am away but hopefully I'm not too far away for you.

I'm usually available on Saturdays at the shop from noon to 5 bit be sure to message me the night before to confirm.

Feb 28, 2013
    I am completely taken back by your generosity. I believe the guys I bought it from have already mailed it back to Century, so I am just waiting on hearing back from them. I will keep you all informed.

Thanks for all the help!

Let us know how you made out. A lot of is here have WASR's, and well, forewarned is fore-armed so to speak.

omegaZ87

Apr 26, 2013
    Maryland
    Just wanted to update you all and ask for a bit of advise.

My LGS contacted Century about the problems I was having with the rifle and they suggested it be sent to a 3rd party gunsmith they work with (don't know the name of the place, but can find out..)

My LGS sent them the rifle back in the beginning of Sept. and told me it shouldn't be more than two weeks before I get it back.

Fast forward to today and I still do not have my rifle. I call my LGS once a week about this and they keep telling me the ppl who have the rifle are 'still working on it'.

It has been almost two months now, so I am becoming extremely frustrated. I don't know anything about gunsmithing, but I don't think it should take more than a few days in the shop to fix a simple extraction issue.

When I try to express my frustration to my LGS they simply tell me it is out of their hands as they are not the ones working on the rifle.

Has anyone else experienced extremely long wait times in having problematic rifles worked on by Century and their associates? I could really advise on how to deal with all this...

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Just wanted to update you all and ask for a bit of advise.

My LGS contacted Century about the problems I was having with the rifle and they suggested it be sent to a 3rd party gunsmith they work with (don't know the name of the place, but can find out..)

My LGS sent them the rifle back in the beginning of Sept. and told me it shouldn't be more than two weeks before I get it back.

Fast forward to today and I still do not have my rifle. I call my LGS once a week about this and they keep telling me the ppl who have the rifle are 'still working on it'.

It has been almost two months now, so I am becoming extremely frustrated. I don't know anything about gunsmithing, but I don't think it should take more than a few days in the shop to fix a simple extraction issue.

When I try to express my frustration to my LGS they simply tell me it is out of their hands as they are not the ones working on the rifle.

Has anyone else experienced extremely long wait times in having problematic rifles worked on by Century and their associates? I could really advise on how to deal with all this...

It depends on the shop and how busy they are. Im backlogged months for much of my work.

"simple" fixes are often a a case of a customer not understanding the scope of the work, or don't understand the backlog.

FYI, to those reading, I don't have the weapon. Im just conveying why it could have been this long. There is no reason they cant update the customer though.

kgain673

I'm sorry for the typos!!
    Dec 18, 2007
    take it to chad at Scotts Gunsmithing, he'll get you on the right path.

omegaZ87

Apr 26, 2013
    Maryland
    take it to chad at Scotts Gunsmithing, he'll get you on the right path.

I would but it's already somewhere else. Plus my LGS said since it was consignment the original owner would have to pay all the repair costs since they gave them a faulty rifle to sell so I would have no out of pocket expense. Guess that's one good thing..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom