• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    I was out Saturday morning and afternoon and didn't see a thing. Heard very few shots also. It seemed like the deer were not moving at all. I was off 64 between Hagerstown and Smithsburg

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I took a spike buck in Montgomery County, MD on Wednesday (crossbow) and a spike buck in Augusta County, VA on Saturday (rifle). Killing young bucks isn't exactly a policy and in the future I'll probably pass on them most of the time...but the Montgomery County one was the first time I had a deer come into my zone on a new property that I've been scouting after getting access to it for the first time late last year. I hunted it 8 times this year and this was my first shot, so I took it. And the VA one was also the first time I had a chance to take a deer after six multi-day trips over the past six years. Hunting deer in the mountains is a great challenge.

That makes three deer for me this season (I got a doe with my crossbow on opening weekend in September) so I'm very satisfied and my freezer/refrigerator are maxed out. I love venison and so does my family, so that's a good problem to have! I might go out a few more times but will only take a mature buck at this point.

What rifle are you using in the second picture? I love black rifle hunting!!!

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I hope that wasn't the tape measure they used to score that deer. If so, I'd question those numbers.

Using a steel tape measure hurts the score more often than it helps. As for the score, it's every bit of 180s N/T IMHO.

Congrats to your friend Racer Doug14! That's a fine "Booner" he shot!

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Got one of my hitlist bucks on Saturday morning, tagging along behind a doe at about 9:30am.. Big mistake.. :lol2:

Wish I could have gotten him during bowseason, but he just wouldn't give me a shot the few times I saw him. I have passed on a lot of deer just waiting for him to screw up... finally!!

Attachments

• IMG_0624a small.jpg
      IMG_0624a small.jpg
      226 KB · Views: 192
    • IMG_0625 small.jpg
      IMG_0625 small.jpg
      271.9 KB · Views: 195

Silverlax

Nov 13, 2014
    Eastern Shore
    Got one of my hitlist bucks on Saturday morning, tagging along behind a doe at about 9:30am.. Big mistake.. :lol2:

Wish I could have gotten him during bowseason, but he just wouldn't give me a shot the few times I saw him. I have passed on a lot of deer just waiting for him to screw up... finally!!

Wow! Congratulations

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County

Nice! Did you take him in Anne Arundel? Been looking for one who is similar to that one and had to do a double take. It's not the one on my list though haha.

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis

Congrats !! Awesome deer.

I just found out a deer I had been targeting is no longer walking around. Guy in my lease took it 1 gate down from where i hunt Sunday morning. Pissed have pics of him all over the place and never gave me a shit when i did see himbduring bow season.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Nice! Did you take him in Anne Arundel? Been looking for one who is similar to that one and had to do a double take. It's not the one on my list though haha.
    Yes... he had been hanging in AACo for a while now... lol

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Congrats !! Awesome deer.

I just found out a deer I had been targeting is no longer walking around. Guy in my lease took it 1 gate down from where i hunt Sunday morning. Pissed have pics of him all over the place and never gave me a shit when i did see himbduring bow season.
    I have a bunch of pics from early season of him and probably some more, but I haven't been in to check my cameras for over a month now. :o

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007

Congrats! That's an amazing trophy.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

Good for you Sticky! That's a hammer!

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Wow nice buck!

Had a starring contest with this guy for 20 mins starting at 620am...not huge but a Shooter for me.

Btw loving my DPMS G2...16" barrel and shoots 180gr bullets well. Will be my go to for hunting for sure

Attachments

• 20171128_074153.jpg
      20171128_074153.jpg
      157 KB · Views: 202

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Wow nice buck!

Had a starring contest with this guy for 20 mins starting at 620am...not huge but a Shooter for me.

Btw loving my DPMS G2...16" barrel and shoots 180gr bullets well. Will be my go to for hunting for sure

Nothing to be ashamed of there. Nice deer speed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom