• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    On June 21, at NRA HQ, Fairfax VA, our presentation of names of those who died in the Orlando nightclub attack:

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      159.2 KB · Views: 412

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    The Pink Pistols have semi-abandoned their Facebook page due to the admin headaches of moderating an influx of new folks with the poor tools available in Zuckerbergland. They have a new web forum set up to discuss and coordinate. It is literally brand spanking new and not a lot of active folks there yet but it does provide a communication path to reach out to the community.

http://forum.pinkpistols.org/index.php

The DC rally on 8/13/16 is being discussed here.
    http://forum.pinkpistols.org/index.php?topic=67.0

No commitments to action yet. :(

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Thanks Dogbone for this good info. Anyway we can get our "Orlando 49 Vigil" pictures posted on their forum?

Here's one more:

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      139.6 KB · Views: 385

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I'm in if I can find y'all. I think I'll just follow the sound of the loons screaming incoherently, or the scent of stale cat urine...

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Unlike the last few Patriot Pickets which have been in the late afternoon or evenings on a work night this one is on a Saturday and there should be no reason we don't have a huge turnout.

Dblas or MXRider - can MSI put an email blast out? Sounds like you have quite a few new members, good time to get them acclimated to some up front and personal 2A political action.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    I'm in.

I'll stand in solidarity with anyone that shares a love for freedom, liberty and the 2A, but don't ask me to wear a rainbow ribbon or anything of that nature. I won't do that.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Pink Pistols in the news ...

LATimes.com -
    Going against the grain after Orlando shooting, LGBT group embraces guns

Jonathan Fischer is never sure who’s going to be more surprised when he, as he likes to put it, comes out of the gun closet — the gun aficionados who find out he’s gay or the gay friends who find out he likes shooting guns. :draw:

We NEED more people to 'come out of the gun closet' ... gay or straight.

Gwendolyn Patton, the national spokeswoman for the Pink Pistols, has spent the summer trying to keep up with the all inquiries about the group and how to start new chapters.

“People don’t like to feel helpless,” said Patton, a lesbian who lives outside Philadelphia.

The Pink Pistols has received a mostly negative response from the broader LGBT community, she said. Some LGBT centers, she said, have even specifically banned the Pink Pistols from using their facilities.

The group dates to 2000 when gay author and journalist Jonathan Rauch wrote an article for Salon.com calling for gay people to “set up Pink Pistols task forces,” get licensed to carry guns and arm themselves to protect their community.”

“Not all that many gay people would need to carry guns, as long as gay-bashers couldn’t tell which ones did,” Rauch wrote.

That's universal reasoning for being armed regardless of your sexual orientation ...

“There is a huge amount of anti-gay stereotype in America that has to do with weakness — people calling us limp-wristed and fairies,” Rauch said. “Over the years, many gay people came to internalize this stereotype and assume that we are weak and defenseless, and of course we are not.”

Yet another minority group who finally jumped the plantation ...

Though the group is not, according to Patton, affiliated with the National Rifle Assn., it has worked with them and has become increasingly involved in gun-control litigation. The Pink Pistols filed an amicus brief in the federal appeals case Peruta vs. County of San Diego — in which the court ruled in June that people do not have a 2nd Amendment right to carry a concealed firearm in public and that local authorities can require people to show “good cause” before issuing them a permit to do so.

Are you listening Maryland ?

Attachments

• Pinkpistols.png
      Pinkpistols.png
      2 KB · Views: 240

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Are you listening Maryland ?

Apparently not...

Violence against LGBTQ populations: the public health response
    http://hub.jhu.edu/events/2016/09/12/violence-against-lgbtq-populations-the-public-health-response/

Panelists:

- Monica Yorkman, leadership team, Baltimore Transgender Alliance
    - Ava Peptone, executive director, Baltimore Transgender Alliance
    - Daniel Webster, director, Johns Hopkins Center for Gun Policy and Research

Sounds like a couple of hours of "Gunz 'r bad"

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I'm for "common sense gun laws" and "compromise".... pass a law that doesn't allow criminals that used a gun to commit their violent crime to get out early on good behavior. In exchange (the compromise part), repeal the NFA so that law-abiding citizens can get easier access to safety equipment like suppressors, and short-barreled rifles that are ideal for home defense. Seems pretty common sense to me and is actually a compromise in which there is give AND take rather than Take a lot...ok, we'll just take a little less.

That should also include O'bummers pardons and commutations. Like to see how many pardoned/sentence commutations are back in the slammer.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Apparently not...

Violence against LGBTQ populations: the public health response
    http://hub.jhu.edu/events/2016/09/12/violence-against-lgbtq-populations-the-public-health-response/

Panelists:

- Monica Yorkman, leadership team, Baltimore Transgender Alliance
    - Ava Peptone, executive director, Baltimore Transgender Alliance
    - Daniel Webster, director, Johns Hopkins Center for Gun Policy and Research

Sounds like a couple of hours of "Gunz 'r bad"

For anyone choosing to attend...

Danny "The Fanny" Webster can be owned.

Take notes, catch him in inconsistencies, and turn facts back on him in those instances. Also, don't allow him to redirect to his normal platitudes and talking points.

He might even cry.

;)

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Do you need to carry in that neighborhood, or is that just after sundown?

No better or worse than most of Baltimore. Stick close to the Johns Hopkins medical and school buildings and you have a decent chance of surviving unscathed, if only because your situational awareness will be higher than the average.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom