• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    IMO, Hendershot's is great if you don't mind paying ridiculous prices. I stop in once in a while for a laugh. Unfortunately, I also run into Lance at the range sometimes where he rarely even acknowledges your presence, certainly will not engage in conversation and commences to shooting without bothering to check whether or not other people have their ears on let alone giving any warning before opening fire. He's arrogant and inconsiderate......unless you have deep pockets and he thinks he can squeeze money out of you. Essentially, Hendershot's caters to a certain clientele, one which I am happy to not be a part of. When the father was alive, in charge and the shop was in Hancock, it was much better. But I guess it wasn't flashy/exclusive enough after dad passed on.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    They have a nice shop , You can get your HOL class fingerprint and photos Carry permit training , One stop shopping , Does anyone else do all of it in house ?

Yes, they do. Hafer's immediately comes to mind and I am sure there are others.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Tell my ears he's a nice guy. Full disclosure, last summer he showed up when I was cleaning up. We were the only two people at the range. He set up and commenced to firing without giving warning, me at the table right beside him, my back to him and obviously no ear protection on, I turned and said "Thanks for the warning *******". He didn't even look at me. This isn't an isolated incident either. I've watched him do the exact same thing to others on multiple occasions. Maybe he's just oblivious but then that's not something you should be with a loaded firearm in your hands, now is it?

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Tell my ears he's a nice guy. Full disclosure, last time he commenced to firing without giving warning, me at the table right beside him, my back to him and obviously no ear protection on, I turned and said "Thanks for the warning *******". He didn't even look at me. This isn't an isolated incident either. I've watched him do the exact same thing to others on multiple occasions.

RSO needs to be in his business and shut that crap down.

t84a

USCG Master
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2013
    West Ocean City, MD

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-01-28-12-26-40-1.jpg
      Screenshot_2019-01-28-12-26-40-1.jpg
      37.9 KB · Views: 585
    I agree, old store was way better

They had a "collection" of hornet nests up in the rafters..I bought several firearms there when I was just getting started in the hobby. I bought a Remington 788 in .308 there. It was used and I paid $99 for it out the door. 788 was suppose to be a "entry level" bolt gun, but the one I bought is a tack driver. I've rung steel with it out to 500 yards. Never tried further but for a gun that was suppose to be lower quality than a 700 it sure shoots good

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    RSO needs to be in his business and shut that crap down.

It's a small range. They do it the old way expecting people to police themselves and be courteous. There are cameras and I probably could have pressed the issue but I'm old school too, preferring to handle issues myself in my own way rather than going to the management.

t84a, you are also supposed to notify others that the range is hot. If others had been there shooting, my ears would have been on. I was the only person there when he showed up and he could clearly see I was cleaning up to leave. This wasn't my fault pal.

noahhh

Jan 28, 2009
    Arnold,Md
    It's a small range. They do it the old way expecting people to police themselves and be courteous. There are cameras and I probably could have pressed the issue but I'm old school too, preferring to handle issues myself in my own way rather than going to the management.

t84a, you are also supposed to notify others that the range is hot. If others had been there shooting, my ears would have been on. I was the only person there when he showed up and he could clearly see I was cleaning up to leave. This wasn't my fault pal.

Which range is this?

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    I liked the old store in Hancock better.

born and raised in Hancock. Hendershots was all I knew... bought my 1st several guns there when I was a young lad... still have them. I think I stopped in the Hagerstown store once. nothing against it, just seems like every time I am passing thru the area I am on a schedule and don't have time for sight-seeing.

I surely understand their move. It makes me sad to watch the town of Hancock withering away.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Yeah. It's not even a little questionable about whether or not your ears should be on ANY time you're past the airlock at that (or pretty much any) range. The only exception would be when the range has been taken over for something like an ASI event, and the people running it are in control of ears on/off. Otherwise, if you're there using the range as a walk-up customer/member, it's ears on inside the range. Period. Just like the sign adamantly states, and the paperwork you sign says you acknowledge and agree to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom