• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    Yet right on the face of the $1 bill, “This note is legal tender for all debts, public and private”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At the end of the day....here and throughout the world...whoever has the most guns gets to make the rules. Apparently they made the rule....perhaps they are going by the poll in the other thread:
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=232155

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    At the end of the day....here and throughout the world...whoever has the most guns gets to make the rules. Apparently they made the rule....perhaps they are going by the poll in the other thread:
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=232155

This was my first thought after seeing all of the .gov agencies that are carry eligible, as well as being exempt from all the restrictions of which citizens may be jailed for!

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

Sorry to derail the thread, no dog in this fight either, carry on my ccw friends ... "If you can keep it" - Benjamin Franklin

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Sorry, I'm confused. Does MD have a open carry bill?

As in is it legal? For long guns yes. Though actually, I don't know that there is anything in COMAR making concealed carrying of a long gun illegal, other than looking like a dumbass with your rifle or shotgun shoved under a jacket or down your pants leg.

Only exception is you can't open carry at a protest. Or I should say, police can tell you to pack it up and take it home/away. If they do, you have to take it home or at least 1 mile from the protest.

Handguns you can OC, but only hunting, shooting range, dog training, national guard/armed forces duty, police officer, gunsmith repair, buy or sell. Oh, or hunter education classes.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2019RS/fnotes/bil_0002/hb0092.pdf

Background: The Department of State Police (DSP) advises that an automated process
    for handgun permit applications is expected to be operational soon and that once that
    process is operational, DSP will be able to take payments for handgun permit fees with
    credit cards through the online application process.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    As in is it legal? For long guns yes. Though actually, I don't know that there is anything in COMAR making concealed carrying of a long gun illegal, other than looking like a dumbass with your rifle or shotgun shoved under a jacket or down your pants leg.

Only exception is you can't open carry at a protest. Or I should say, police can tell you to pack it up and take it home/away. If they do, you have to take it home or at least 1 mile from the protest.

Handguns you can OC, but only hunting, shooting range, dog training, national guard/armed forces duty, police officer, gunsmith repair, buy or sell. Oh, or hunter education classes.

You can OC a handgun with a MD WC permit.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Concealed long guns would be under 4-101 .

Ahh, thanks!

That would mean I could carry one concealed as a precaution against apprehended danger.

But would otherwise prohibit the carrying of a long gun concealed. Or anything more than a folding knife concealed.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Ah , not quite .

A long gun would be treated similar to a fixed blade knife . You can carry openly w/o requiring a specific reason . ( Except subject to grandfathered local ordinances , and the statute about loaded firearms in vehicles .) But concealment is still a no-no , even if you are apprehending your danger )

* All the above is discussing the Statutes . It is not a blanket recommendation for what to do in real life , nor an organizing call for an LGOC Event at this time . *

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    Chances are Dumass could be putting this bill in now because they are scared that the SCOTUS will end the whole "good and substantial" and force states like MD to become "shall issue" if they even allow that. In that case they can make life very difficult if the Secretary requires payment in some strange or non-existent currency like Roman Drachma.

Whatever she is proposing, unless its Constitutional Carry and written in plain language, oppose it.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Lets keep payment methods 1960's style.. good bye online applications.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Options are Good ! By all means open up the process * Additional * methods of payment .

If I'm not mistaken , the credit card only methodology for HQL is one of the points in the HQL Lawsuit . And the reasoning is even more compelling in light of the increasingly politicized Banking/ Credit Card industry , with leading players refusing to handle certain transactions for political reasons .

Added - Since I brought up one of the MSI court cases , I'll add another entreaty to donate to the MSI Legal Fund , which goes 100% to Legal Costs .

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Sen. Cory McCray (D-Baltimore City) amended the Bill for gun folks. Credit Cards were added to previous statute. Disaster averted!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom