• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Friend got a PA 1-8. Hope to get to ply with it. First impressions are good. Light. Good clarity.

4rcefedmkiv

Aug 6, 2010
    Arnold, MD
    It got pretty good reviews. But I went with the Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6 for a little more money. And I'm very happy with it.

Cool, thanks for the reply. I have been eyeing up the Strike Eagle as well but I was roaming around Engage Armament and they had the Black Spider in stock. I like to buy from LGS whenever possible so I figured couldn't hurt to ask.

DJones2987

Dec 6, 2016
    Hagerstown
    Cool, thanks for the reply. I have been eyeing up the Strike Eagle as well but I was roaming around Engage Armament and they had the Black Spider in stock. I like to buy from LGS whenever possible so I figured couldn't hurt to ask.

Engage is a shop with a great reputation, I wouldn't hesitate to take their word on something if they recommend it.

I sighted my rifle in last weekend and the strike eagle was crisp and clear.

skunkworks

Sep 27, 2014
    I recently picked up a strike eagle too. I don't have a lot of experience with higher-end scopes, but I am very pleased with the strike eagle, for what I will use it for. On the other hand, if I were using it overseas, I might prefer something else. No sense in trying to keep up with the Jones's of the gun world. After all, it's the magician, not the wand.

DJones2987

Dec 6, 2016
    Hagerstown
    I recently picked up a strike eagle too. I don't have a lot of experience with higher-end scopes, but I am very pleased with the strike eagle, for what I will use it for. On the other hand, if I were using it overseas, I might prefer something else. No sense in trying to keep up with the Jones's of the gun world. After all, it's the magician, not the wand.

Lol I'm a Jones, so that made me laugh. My Strike Eagle looks just as good as any of my more expensive scopes. It's a great value for the money scope.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    Lol I'm a Jones, so that made me laugh. My Strike Eagle looks just as good as any of my more expensive scopes. It's a great value for the money scope.

I doubt any of your high end scopes have the lens retention ring glued on... take a look at the front of the Strike Eagle.

skunkworks

Sep 27, 2014

Haha!

As per the gluing of lense retention, I wasn't doubting that with increase of price comes different manufacturing methods. I was just referring to the Strike eagle meeting the needs of range time, steel/paper targets. No doubt a Razor gen II is put together a different way.

DJones2987

Dec 6, 2016
    Hagerstown
    I doubt any of your high end scopes have the lens retention ring glued on... take a look at the front of the Strike Eagle.

I meant as far as visual quality there's no massive difference between it and the couple Leupolds I have.

Of course there is some differences but for the price difference it's not much.

The construction of the scopes definitely are of different quality.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    I meant as far as visual quality there's no massive difference between it and the couple Leupolds I have.

Of course there is some differences but for the price difference it's not much.

The construction of the scopes definitely are of different quality.

I disagree... my Strike Eagle has some crappy spray on finish where Leupolds have a very dark andonization. As far as the front lens being glued in, even the $150 Nikon P-223 has an indexed set ring on the objective lens. In the $150-200 range I feel the Strike Eagle would be a good deal... I'm just not impressed with mine.

kraftyone

Mar 9, 2013
    Cabelas has vortex viper pst 1-4 $379 is that a good deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ARMatt

Apr 12, 2016
    NAS Pax River
    Had the strike eagle and moved up to the Steiner 1-4 and for another 200 dollars this this thing is in a class of its own. Feels like more magnification too

vgplayer

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    King George, VA
    Botach has the Steiner P4Xi for $479.95 right now and is very tempting. German glass and assembled in USA for not much more than the Chinese made variants.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Botach has the Steiner P4Xi for $479.95 right now and is very tempting. German glass and assembled in USA for not much more than the Chinese made variants.

It is engineered, machined, AND assembled in the US using German glass. Just released the new P4Xi in a higher magnification too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Major03

Ultimate Member
    Just got a Trijicon 1x8 and it is a great scope (albeit heavy). Replaced a Strike Eagle 1x6. The difference in clarity and construction is night and day...as one would expect for four times the cost.

For the money, the Strike Eagle earns its place for value, and given the lifetime warranty it's fine for general purpose use. I moved mine to a spare Windham.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom