• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    Their shotgun prices have been high for as long as I can remember....but they always seem to have some nice pieces......

ShooterMcGee

Dec 31, 2012
    They are going to continue fit and sell high end shotguns. They will actually have a shop, that is not open to the public.

CraZ4GunZ

MDS Supporter
    Dec 12, 2008
    HoCo
    Stopped by last Tuesday - they were taking down the shelves and display cases - about a dozen or less guns were left and a small bit of ammo.

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    RIP Barts. I made my first handgun purchase there and way back in the day I used to get my sports equipment from them. I still have a Brine lacrosse stick that I got at Barts when I was 17. It was there or Ampro down the road a little for baseball gloves.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    In and around clays sports Barts is mentioned VERY often, not just in reference to CG either. There are only a few names in fitters, never once have I heard someone recommend a random FFL.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    In and around clays sports Barts is mentioned VERY often, not just in reference to CG either. There are only a few names in fitters, never once have I heard someone recommend a random FFL.

Yes Scott does shotgun fitting and has for 30 almost years.

Lessons? no, he does not do that.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Yes Scott does shotgun fitting and has for 30 almost years.

Lessons? no, he does not do that.
    Noted. Just never heard him specifically recommended. Jack, Bruce Ney (stockmarket), Jack West, Midwest Stockworks, "stock guys" who are known for sporting shotgun fitting. Someone who can watch you mount/shoot, look from muzzle back at your eye, then steam and manipulate a stock or custom cut and install an adjustable comb to fit.

Somewhat different than shimming an auto for drop at comb or adding a butt pad for LOP.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Never knew of Scotts to have the shot gun selection that Barts had.

He does not. I was just speaking to his smith work. He does not stock the high end shotguns nor does he offer training. He just does shotgun work.

FWIW, Scott is one of the best shotgun hunters I have ever seen. The man is a killing machine and rarely misses. I have never seen him do gaming but I have heard others talk about how well he does.

tigmaned

Feb 25, 2007
    Crofton
    well i have to run in just one more last time to check it out.. maybe find some Beretta items i don't need. of all the gun stores in the area i never had a bad time from anyone at Bart's.. bought my first real trap gun their 15 years ago, i'll miss them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom