• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    Just got to try out the new Rock River Entry Tactical today. All I can say is WOW! I'm not an expert shooter by any means. I'm probably no better than an average shooter at best. But right out of the box I was hitting the 12" target at 100 yards with no scope. I've never shot that well without a scope. The sites make it so much easier than my other rifles. I'm so blind I could barely see the taget from 100 yards yet I was still able to hit it 9 times out of 10 (with the aid of the sand bags for full disclosure). I can't wait to see what I'm capable of when I get a nice scope on there.

Very impressed with the Rock River. For anyone considering buying one, you definitely have my recommendation.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I've been very happy with mine. Once I got it really dialed in, I was able to bang a 12" target at 300 yards with it from the bags.

Too bad I suck at everything other than the sandbags :o

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    Scope? Whats that? :D

That gun should be capable of 1.5-2 inch groups at that range without any trouble.

We should take a trip to Delmarva and let you shoot 200 and 300yds with iron....its a little more challenging.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    On that note...anyone from the Annapolis area want to take a road trip down to Delmarva some weekend in March?

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    Scope? Whats that? :D

That gun should be capable of 1.5-2 inch groups at that range without any trouble.

We should take a trip to Delmarva and let you shoot 200 and 300yds with iron....its a little more challenging.

300 Yard with iron sites??? Yikes!!! I can barely even SEE the targets at 100 yards. 300 will just be a blur. But what the heck, I'll give it a shot.

I think I'm too blind for anything that far. Like I said, hitting the target at 100 w/o a scope was an accomplishment for me. I think if I can hit at 300 it will be due to pure luck

Last edited:

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    I think I'm too blind for anything that far. Like I said, hitting the target at 100 w/o sites was an accomplishment for me.

Same here. But wit ha 3x9 scope I can keep all my shots on a man sized target at 300 yards. Never shot beyond that.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    300 Yard with iron sites??? Yikes!!! I can barely even SEE the targets at 100 yards. 300 will just be a blur. But what the heck, I'll give it a shot.

I think I'm too blind for anything that far. Like I said, hitting the target at 100 w/o sites was an accomplishment for me. I think if I can hit at 300 it will be due to pure luck

I cracked and got a light prescription poly carbonate eyeglass this year....

200 isn't too too bad...300 is...."challenging"

At 200 yds plus its more effective for me to put up a handgun style silhouette with a clear border/contrast so you can see it.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    I'm trying to get a show of hands of folks interested in an Appleseed Clinic for the Delmarva Shoot on 4/15....please post in the shoot thread if you are interested...I'm dying to do one and it would be great to get folks involved.

-J

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom