• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ascorb

Mar 2, 2016
    Looks identical to a holosun 4's series and truglo -_-. I just mounted on my range rifle and did a absolute co-witness. Anyone have any good or bad experience with this? I want to shoot it and see if it still works lol.

This sold me on it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fuq_N129SAI&t=313s

Juche90

May 10, 2014
    Sportsmans Outdoor has them for $129. I might have to look into it. Has anyone replaced an old optic with the Romeo or can compare with something like an aimpoint or SPARC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    Sportsmans Outdoor has them for $129. I might have to look into it. Has anyone replaced an old optic with the Romeo or can compare with something like an aimpoint or SPARC?

It's a reasonably priced pretty good quality optic. Comparable to a SPARC. Certainly not an Aimpoint.

It's definitely worth the $129. I've seen some torture tests and the thing can take a beating.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Must resist... Romeo 5 XDR, AAA battery, EOTech type reticle, decent price, must resist...

Q

Winephile

Jun 16, 2017
    AA County, Maryland
    Looks identical to a holosun 4's series and truglo -_-. I just mounted on my range rifle and did a absolute co-witness. Anyone have any good or bad experience with this? I want to shoot it and see if it still works lol.

This sold me on it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fuq_N129SAI&t=313s
    Only criticism is the hole pattern means no QD is made for it. Same for All but new Romeos. Holosun, Aimpoint, Vortex have a standard pattern. Only Romeo 4AC and one other Romeo 4 have the standard pattern...according to Sig.

Tracker

Aug 21, 2011
    Anne Arundel County
    It's a reasonably priced pretty good quality optic. Comparable to a SPARC. Certainly not an Aimpoint.

It's definitely worth the $129. I've seen some torture tests and the thing can take a beating.

I just got a Romeo5 today and put it on my new Ruger PCC 9mm. I don't know how it compares to my Sparc II but for $120 its very nice and does absolutely cowitness with the stock irons when you use the hi rise mount. The glass is clear and the dot is crisp with no star bursting like the old cheapo I had stuck on the gun originally. I wish it had additional reticles to choose from. A 60 moa circle/dot would be nice for quick snap shots up close. I was going to try it on my 10/22 but I think Ill leave the RD reflex on it. I think the reflex will be quicker for rapid target transitions and I plan to use it to shoot in the Rimfire steel plate challenge in Annapolis. Anyway I plan to put the Romeo thru its paces in the upcoming months. Sure hope I like it because I bought two. I'm a sucker for a good sale :)

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Looks identical to a holosun 4's series ...

I’ve been wondering about the difference between the Holosun and Romeo (and for that matter, similar Primary Arms red dots). I have a Holosun 4 and 5 series, and at least for the 4 series, the mount doesn’t seem particularly robust. Perhaps Sig had their manufacturer for these include something more robust.

The Holosun 4 series also had poor reliability reports the first year or two after they burst on the scene.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Travis Haley was using a Holosun (and saying positive things - maybe their qc has improved) in a YouTube video that he did with Garand Thumb (in which GT seems nervous to be in the company of TH :) ).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

killng

Nov 29, 2015
    moco
    I agree with that sig romo and holosun is very similar. I wouldn't be surprised if they came from the same factory and just changed the names lol

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Travis Haley was using a Holosun (and saying positive things - maybe their qc has improved) in a YouTube video that he did with Garand Thumb (in which GT seems nervous to be in the company of TH :) ).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Yeah, GT got the giggles. They are so cute together.
    I love my Holosun with the ACSS reticle.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Yeah, GT got the giggles. They are so cute together.
    I love my Holosun with the ACSS reticle.

GT really has the best comments section for a YT gun channel.

I also recently got the Holosun with the ACSS reticle - probably putting it on my Colt 6920HB - and debating whether to put a 3x magnifier on it as well. Have the ACSS reticle in two other optics, and love it.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    GT really has the best comments section for a YT gun channel.

I also recently got the Holosun with the ACSS reticle - probably putting it on my Colt 6920HB - and debating whether to put a 3x magnifier on it as well. Have the ACSS reticle in two other optics, and love it.

Same here. I have the 22lr and .308.
    Been very impressed with them.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I have 2 of them sitting around for my plinkers. Thinking of putting one on my CMR first.

Solman

Oct 10, 2018
    Howard County
    I have it on my MPX, 1/3 co-witness. Holds zero well. Same battery for a year. Got it for a good price, tho it wasn’t $129. Zero complaints.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom