• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lambo

R.I.P.
    Dec 6, 2005
    Bel Air, Maryland
    I have some one wanting to sell me one of these New in Box. If memory serves me correct the IAI 30 carbine had its share of problems, most notibly with the Receivers. Am I correct?

U.S.SFC_RET

Ultimate Member
    Dec 8, 2005
    By and large no. there is a lot of misinformation on the net. IAI carbines came out of Houston Texas and are indeed a fine firearm. The chamber is a bit tighter in the tolerance dept for accuracy. People swear by them. The real drawback comes to bite you when you wish to sell it off unlike a USGI carbine.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Mixed bag. They were a step above Universal and I know people that have had good experiences and others who have had terrible experiences.

Mine was terrible but I had a rare 5.7 Johnson, wouldn't headspace, so bad it wouldn't go into battery. Its since been rebarreled (GI compatible) and is a range shooter. Never heard of a receiver issue and the one I had was a relatively uncommon factory gun so who knows if its indicative of the .30 caliber guns.

Cast recievers but the general fit and finish was fairly nice.

I wouldn't go as far as "fine" but acceptable. If the price is right maybe, probably no more than $500 as you still can snag a GI gun in the $900s with some effort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom