Are Ruger Vaquero convertibles still available anywhere?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feusombre

Dec 28, 2017
    I was looking at the Ruger site and came across The Ruger Vaquero 45lc/45acp "Davidson's Special" but it seems all the vendors that had them back 4 years ago are all sold out. Anyone know of a place that might still have one? I check Gallery of Guns and Talo with no luck. Maybe there is an aftermarket vendor that makes just the cylinder in 45ACP? Anyone who has jumped down this rabbit hole who could give me some insight it would be much appreciated.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    I was looking at the Ruger site and came across The Ruger Vaquero 45lc/45acp "Davidson's Special" but it seems all the vendors that had them back 4 years ago are all sold out. Anyone know of a place that might still have one? I check Gallery of Guns and Talo with no luck. Maybe there is an aftermarket vendor that makes just the cylinder in 45ACP? Anyone who has jumped down this rabbit hole who could give me some insight it would be much appreciated.

I have an OM Vaquero 45 Convertible but mine was done by a gunsmith at Valley that had a box of Ruger ACP cylinders from when Valley was an authorized Ruger Warranty center.

As for NM Vaqueros, couldn’t help you but you may want to check with Ruger’s Parts & Service since they do fit new cylinders for $50 plus parts and shipping. They repaired for me a 357/9mm BH Conv that was missing it’s 9mm cylinder and was all beat to hell. They charged a lot of work off to warranty and I paid for the new cylinder, 5.5” barrel and bluing for about $125 and free ship.
    I saved the gun from a junk bin dealer at a Parkville gun show many decades ago

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom