Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Maryland Regional Discussions > Western Maryland
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old December 28th, 2017, 07:30 AM #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aamdskeetshooter View Post
A Toyota dealer tried to get my mom for $4000 worth of repairs. What they didn’t know was she worked for a company that published the service manuals. One of her coworkers took her car to a buddy of his on his lunch hour. That $4000 bill turned into $1100. Now my wife and I are using him too.
I literally had the exact (almost down to the amounts you quoted) thing happen at Koons Toyota of Annapolis. I dropped it off for some work and they come back with a $4300 in repairs for an '08 4Runner. I told them to pound sand, took it to a local shop and 90% of the things weren't needed at all and the things that were, the initial reason for going in, were fixed for 1100 at Maryland Muffler in Millersville. I cannot recommend Maryland Muffler enough.
Neot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2017, 07:55 AM #22

Car dealers are always more expensive because they gotta pay the big bucks to half their employees who all have manager in their official title; lot attendant manager, water bottle/coffee maintenance manager, showroom floor polish applications manager, etc.

Just kidding
PapiBarcelona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2017, 08:39 AM #23

Seems a call to the Ford Zone Rep and complaint against the dealer is in order. Hit them where it hurts.
“We're not gonna get rid of anybody! We're gonna stick together, just like it used to be! When you side with a man, you stay with him! And if you can't do that, you're like some animal, you're finished! We're finished! All of us!”

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

NRA Life Member and Instructor
Huckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2018, 09:46 AM #24

Unfortunately, nothing new for almost any part of the state or country. When I finally got my elderly parents to move out of Cumberland (only because we had no family there) not long after there were settled in near where I live I stopped over to see them and looked at my dad's car tires. The tread was worn out and they looked horrible...and the car only had about 20k miles on it.

Turns out my dad had taken it into the Toyota dealer in Cumberland for some regular maintenance before the move. And knowing the way he was, he probably told them he was moving. So someone at the shop was kind enough to steal his decent tires and put a set on that looked like they had about 50k on them.

Not all predators walk on 4 legs.
melikou1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2018, 09:54 AM #25

I have found the best prices on tires from...Amazon. Wife called me and asked why the UPS driver was rolling tires up our driveway. I told her because I was able to buy Goodyear Eagles for my Civic at less than half the cost of the tire anywhere else from Amazon. Shipping was free with Prime. I never buy tires from a car dealer, they will be the highest of any seller.
Capt Skup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2018, 05:00 PM #26
If I only had a brain....

If I only had a brain....

Well this has been a thread about a Ford dealership that has a shady side....

I recently picked up an F150 from Preston Ford on the Eastern Shore. Can't say enough good things about them. Now this is for the sales side and not the service side, so cannot say anything about that specifically.

They even drove the vehicle up to meet me and do the paperwork. I took possession, drove it around a bit to be sure I was OK. (First larger vehicle). Then drove it back over the bridge to prove that I could.
bkuether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2018, 06:09 PM #27
I nose nothing

I nose nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapiBarcelona View Post
Car dealers are always more expensive because they gotta pay the big bucks to half their employees who all have manager in their official title; lot attendant manager, water bottle/coffee maintenance manager, showroom floor polish applications manager, etc.

Just kidding
Sadly not that far off for some places. I've worked for 5 dealerships. The 3 in MD only had one service manager. My current dealershhop in TX has 4 "managers" associated with the service department.

But seriously it's the overhead. Nicer facilities, often air conditioned, higher trained techs(should be anyway), etc.
Old January 13th, 2018, 11:13 AM #28
The one with two L

The one with two L

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkuether View Post
Well this has been a thread about a Ford dealership that has a shady side....

I recently picked up an F150 from Preston Ford on the Eastern Shore. Can't say enough good things about them. Now this is for the sales side and not the service side, so cannot say anything about that specifically.
Last week I picked up a new car and experienced a miracle: In and out the door in 30 minutes. No sit-down with the 'finance manager', no sit-down with the gal who sells the overpriced extended warranties nothing. I walked to the sales desk, told them who I was, gave them the signed paperwork. The general sales manager took me out to the car, we took a lap around the freeway and he gave me the keys and the certificate of origin. I am still shocked and wondering how I escaped the insufferable dog and pony show.
traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2018, 11:17 AM #29
The one with two L

The one with two L

Quote:
Originally Posted by melikou1 View Post
Turns out my dad had taken it into the Toyota dealer in Cumberland for some regular maintenance before the move. And knowing the way he was, he probably told them he was moving. So someone at the shop was kind enough to steal his decent tires and put a set on that looked like they had about 50k on them.

Not all predators walk on 4 legs.
I had a new alternator disappear off a VW while it was in to get a recall done. When I offered to file a police report for theft someone 'corrected the mixup'. Wtf.
traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2018, 12:17 PM #30
I nose nothing

I nose nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveller View Post
Last week I picked up a new car and experienced a miracle: In and out the door in 30 minutes. No sit-down with the 'finance manager', no sit-down with the gal who sells the overpriced extended warranties nothing. I walked to the sales desk, told them who I was, gave them the signed paperwork. The general sales manager took me out to the car, we took a lap around the freeway and he gave me the keys and the certificate of origin. I am still shocked and wondering how I escaped the insufferable dog and pony show.
Lucky guy. I don't really buy new cars, but the last 2 times I helped a family member buy a new car they tried to give them the spiel about how they are required to do that. One of the idiots even suggested it was the law, lol

Home Page > Forum List > Maryland Regional Discussions > Western Maryland