• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AimsWellShootsWorse

Mar 2, 2011
    Prince George's County
    Att: DINOs and PAC targeters

The very nasty liberal blog, Maryland Juice, has done us a great favor.

Looking for centrist blood, their recent post sorts and segregates Senators and Delegates, by party, district and county, according to their votes on four ‘liberal benchmark’ Annapolis bills---including support for O'Malley's God-awful 'Glock-blocking' gun law. The Juice especially highlights for punishment Democrats who departed from the party line. That’s a ready-made list of Democrats who DINOs may want to support, come primary season, if not sooner. If you're new to activism, consider building relationships with more-palatable politicians before burning bridges left and right.

http://www.marylandjuice.com/2013/04/roll-calls-md-approves-gas-tax-hike-gun.html

If after researching their record you decide to send a campaign money, or bundle checks for them, be subtle but certain they know that 2A folk don’t just threaten foes, we step up for friends—and work against foes. (In my opinion, there has been way too much in the way of empty political threats emanating from our side lately.)

PACs and their donors
    face a more complex set of choices with which the Juice lists help. Striking the right balance between offense and defense gets tricky. Finding districts where elected reps split on SB-281 is a good signal that 2A issues are a hefty wedge waiting to be exploited, but other proxy issues should be considered. (See esp. D12, D32, D42, for examples.)

Then look at historical primary results to find the young or limping antelopes who make the best quarry---never mind the splendid liberal bucks like Busch or even Frosh with the expansive racks. We are not trophy hunters, we are stone-cold political predators looking to feed our young. For 2014, at least, a couple of key primary kills will be trophy enough.

Obviously, barring an unusually serious contest (as in a redistricting-driven battle between two incumbents), freshman and sophomore legislators are normally much more vulnerable than longtime incumbents. Carefully suss out the challengers to avoid the risk of helping replace a dud with a nightmare. Expect the most viable challengers to be the most non-committal on 2A issues. Most gun firebrands will burn out fast. Savvy pragmatism plus integrity is key, but you may need to reconcile yourself to some uncomfortable bedfellows.

Once the right target mix is found, there needs to be concentrated and coordinated fire poured into the kill zone with withering effect early: checks, carefully-managed meet-the-candidate house parties for our candidate(s), bundling more checks, volunteers, private polling and—come voting time—careful but impactful ads, and GOTV efforts in just that order.

We can thank Juice for helping us aim smartly and early with an improved chance of political effect. In terms an economist might appreciate: we seek creative destruction in Annapolis.

Last edited:

tjv4163

Jun 27, 2012
    21234 city side
    dist 43 yes to them all... Time to get them out! More to use against them, though I am for medical pot Ive seen the wonders it does for people suffering from cancer.

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    Any of you 1st district folks in here (specifically 1b)??

If so, I need you to submit your contact information via the link in my sig... we're going to have something special for you in 2014.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    Att: DINOs and PAC targeters

The very nasty liberal blog, Maryland Juice, has done us a great favor.

Looking for centrist blood, their recent post sorts and segregates Senators and Delegates, by party, district and county, according to their votes on four ‘liberal benchmark’ votes---including support for O'Malley's God-awful 'Glock-blocking' gun law. The Juice especially highlight for punishment Democrats who departed from the party line. That’s a ready-made list of Democrats who DINOs may want to support, come primary season, if not sooner. If you're new to activism, consider building relationships with more-palatable politicians before burning bridges left and right.

http://www.marylandjuice.com/2013/04/roll-calls-md-approves-gas-tax-hike-gun.html

If after researching their record you decide to send a campaign money, or bundle checks for them, be subtle but certain they know that 2A folk don’t just threaten foes, we step up for friends—and work against foes. (In my opinion, there has been way too much in the way of empty political threats emanating from our side lately.)

PACs and their donors
    face a more complex set of choices with which the Juice lists help. Striking the right balance between offense and defense gets tricky. Finding districts where elected reps split on SB-281 is a good signal that 2A issues are a hefty wedge waiting to be exploited, but other proxy issues should be considered. (See esp. D12, D32, D42, for examples.)

Then look at historical primary results to find the young or limping antelopes who make the best quarry---never mind the splendid liberal bucks like Busch or even Frosh with the expansive racks. We are not trophy hunters, we are stone-cold political predators looking to feed our young. For 2014, at least, a couple of key primary kills will be trophy enough.

Obviously, barring an unusually serious contest (as in a redistricting-driven battle between two incumbents), freshman and sophomore legislators are normally much more vulnerable than longtime incumbents. Carefully suss out the challengers to avoid the risk of helping replace a dud with a nightmare. Expect the most viable challengers to be the most non-committal on 2A issues. Most gun firebrands will burn out fast. Savvy pragmatism plus integrity is key, but you may need to reconcile yourself to some uncomfortable bedfellows.

Once the right target mix is found, there needs to be concentrated and coordinated fire poured into the kill zone with withering effect early: checks, carefully-managed meet-the-candidate house parties for our candidate(s), bundling more checks, volunteers, private polling and—come voting time—careful but impactful ads, and GOTV efforts in just that order.

We can thank Juice for helping us aim smartly and early with an improved chance of political effect. In terms an economist might appreciate: we seek creative destruction in Annapolis.

Thanks for this link and great post

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    What to do with the District 11 Balto Co Reps who all voted YES to the gun bill

Sen. Bobby Zirkin, Del. Jon Cardin, Del. Dan Morhaim, Del. Dana Stein

http://www.elections.state.md.us/el...eral/StateResults_office_015_district_11.html

Sen:

Bobby A. Zirkin Democratic 38,730 98.36%

Del Won:

Jon S. Cardin Democratic 32,211 24.33%

Dan K. Morhaim Democratic 28,129 21.25%

Dana Stein Democratic 28,034 21.17%

Del Lost:

Carol C. Byrd Republican 13,952 10.54%

J. Michael Collins Republican 13,971 10.55%

Steven J. Smith Republican 13,647 10.31%

midcountyg

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2009
    Preston, MD
    Just because they voted against the final bill, it doesn't mean they are not against us. Pay closer attention to the votes for common sense amendments. There you will see that all of them must go. Many democrats were given permission to vote against the bill to make it look like they supporter their voters, and to better their chance at reelection. If told to go the other way, they would have.

Omnipotent

Semper Fi
    Jan 10, 2013
    MoCo
    It's sad, in all of Montgomery County, we got 1 vote no and that was the gas tax....what a wasteland I live in....I wish they would just rezone me into Frederick County....I mean the county line splits my neighbors property and isn't even 1/2 mile from my door....ARGH!

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    It's sad, in all of Montgomery County, we got 1 vote no and that was the gas tax....what a wasteland I live in....I wish they would just rezone me into Frederick County....I mean the county line splits my neighbors property and isn't even 1/2 mile from my door....ARGH!

Heck, they probably gerrymandered you specifically into MoCo. :)

Wish we could just cede PGCo and MoCo to DC. Some of my parents' old mail had a Wash D.C. address for our house in MD. Not sure what happened, but they shoulda kept running that sink hole out rather than in...

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Murphy and Middleton, D's from Charles county both voted against the bill but could have done more to keep the bill from ever getting to a full vote! I will do everything I can to see them retire this term!

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    Just because they voted against the final bill, it doesn't mean they are not against us. Pay closer attention to the votes for common sense amendments. There you will see that all of them must go. Many democrats were given permission to vote against the bill to make it look like they supporter their voters, and to better their chance at reelection. If told to go the other way, they would have.

This. We cannot forget the committee/amendment votes.

Shift

Ultimate Member
    Apr 11, 2012
    Denton

This

Also while this seems like a nice easy tool there's a lot of things to factor in before backing any of them as a DINO. We need to look deep into their voting history to weed out those who got a free pass and we need to pay close attention to the stances of those who try running against them.

Dont base your actions in donations and at the polls strictly from this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom