• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cbrem

Jan 2, 2017
    Carroll County
    this guy is an idiot. The founders used many documents to come up with ours. It isn't a copy of any one. Why would they want the government ( Parliament ) to be able to choose who could be armed. The Revolution was about avoiding tyranny, not being a part of it. If this was the case, I doubt you would see quite as many references to liberty. Personally, I think he should dig a little deeper.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    I wonder if the author even read the Federalist Papers?

http://www.let.rug.nl/usa/documents/1786-1800/the-federalist-papers/

The Federalist Papers

Beginning on October 27, 1787 the Federalist Papers were first published in the New York press under the signature of "Publius". These papers are generally considered to be one of the most important contributions to political thought made in America. The essays appeared in book form in 1788, with an introduction by Hamilton. Subsequently they were printed in many editions and translated to several languages. The pseudonym "Publius" was used by three man: Jay, Madison and Hamilton. Jay was responsible for only a few of the 85 articles. The papers were meant to be influential in the campaign for the adoption of the Constitution by New York State. But the authors not only discussed the issues of the constitution, but also many general problems of politics.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Is the gentleman a Marine, or Air Force? The bullet point says Marine, and the article says Air Force. Article is a little flawed, but the Brits love articles against the gun culture. Look what it did for them.

Q

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Is the gentleman a Marine, or Air Force? The bullet point says Marine, and the article says Air Force. Article is a little flawed, but the Brits love articles against the gun culture. Look what it did for them.

Truth and accuracy take a back seat when propaganda is being served.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    You mean my second amendment primer I got in school, my copy of the federalist papers and the writings of the founding fathers there speaking of are all wrong and this nut jobs right? OMG what am I to do with all these guns the founders didn’t want me to have?

Fvcking nut job......

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011

Q

He is a liberal, the fact that he has to qualify his background(s), to give his opinion a little extra shine is proof of that. I think a person giving an opinion a subject like this should be able to make strong enough argument that that persons professions and leanings mean nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom