• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    I suspect that this may lead to both parents being forced out of the military. Especially if they were not authorized to keep the firearm in the govt housing. I use to live in base housing at Pax, to keep a firearm in the quarters I had to have completed the required course and registered.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    It mentioned off base housing so I don't know if the rules are different. Something just doesn't sound right. An 8 year old just taking the gun to school. Maybe mom and dad wanted out of the Navy :shrug:

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    Do you ever get the feeling that we are on anti-gun overload these days. Seems almost every day another story of how a gun was used to scare, terrorize, kill. I am not about to give up my God given rights, but grow weary of all the stories headlined across the nation. Almost as if,... it was coming from a script.

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    Do you ever get the feeling that we are on anti-gun overload these days. Seems almost every day another story of how a gun was used to scare, terrorize, kill. I am not about to give up my God given rights, but grow weary of all the stories headlined across the nation. Almost as if,... it was coming from a script.

I think these isolated events have been occurring more frequently than previously reported. But now with all the anti-gun protests, mass shootings at schools, and calls for repeal of 2A, the media is on hyperdrive to report any and all events that shed negative light on gun owners. Use of firearms with positive outcomes don't get reported near so much, thus making it look like the bad far outweighs the good. I agree it appears scripted. But it may just be a result of a highly biased liberal MSM pounding home their anti-gun agenda.

Atlasarmory

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2009
    Glen Burnie
    Parents need to do jail time for this. Stagger the sentences so the kid still has one on the outside. If you cant secure your arms from unauthorized use you should not have them.

Rus

MDS Supporter
    Nov 27, 2017
    No. Carroll County
    ..not almost...

Let's see...who would want us powerless, fearing, and in turmoil...

Rus

MDS Supporter
    Nov 27, 2017
    No. Carroll County
    ..not just almost...

Let's see...who would want us powerless, fearing, and in turmoil...

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I think these isolated events have been occurring more frequently than previously reported. But now with all the anti-gun protests, mass shootings at schools, and calls for repeal of 2A, the media is on hyperdrive to report any and all events that shed negative light on gun owners. Use of firearms with positive outcomes don't get reported near so much, thus making it look like the bad far outweighs the good. I agree it appears scripted. But it may just be a result of a highly biased liberal MSM pounding home their anti-gun agenda.

In SoMD? If anything happens, it is news...

This makes 3 stories in about a month about kids/schools/guns.

There has been more about shooting the LP city, in the same amount of time.

bohman

May 20, 2012
    St. Mary's
    It’s always hard (for me, anyway) to figure out whether certain events are actually increasing in frequency or just being reported more often. Would this incident have flown under the radar 10 or 20 years ago?

Likewise, things that would have always been reported by local news are now going national quickly. Friends across the country texted to ask if my family was ok when the GMHS shooting happened, and some of those texts arrived before I’d even had a chance to see local coverage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bohman

May 20, 2012
    St. Mary's
    Notice it didn't make national news from GMHS students ODing from marijuana brownies?

https://smnewsnet.com/archives/4327...nies-sold-to-them-at-great-mills-high-school/

Yep. And also noticed the questionable use of the term “Overdose”. You can’t OD from pot brownies unless there is some other drug mixed in. Synthetic pot, maybe?

That’s the other side effect of the plethora of “news” available 24/7. As the quantity has increased, the quality has gone down even faster. I was commenting to my wife this morning that, after reading ABC’s coverage of the Waffle House cluster-f, I couldn’t tell if the suspect had been arrested, or even alive or dead. Basic info that they failed to include.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom