• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Im hearing there may (will) be some guns at Curtis Andrews tomorrow night.
    Some military from what I heard or god knows what. I'm going up around 5 to check it out.
    Some other outdoor stuff as well. I picked up some things there over the years that were pretty cool but you never know what other sort of treasures could be had. Haven't been in a while so I'm going to lurk around.
    When they clear the tables off nobody ever takes the books. Some good ones can be had because people are ignorant to them.
    If the guns are duds Ill risk a chili dog and roll out after I see some people.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Seen two SKS with underfolder bayos and some sort of muzzle device, A 88 Mauser that was unmolested, some top break nickle Ivers, a Stoeger 22 Luger a few common shotguns a few boot pistols and some well done BP pistol kits done by an advanced hobbyist. Uberti Army pistol with fluted cylinder Also, 7.7 jap with excellent blue and mum matching but bubba stock, a number of air rifles and some shotguns on other tables holsters pistol belts, Orvis soft sided gun cases just all kinds of firearms related stuff.

Tons of fly tying equipment, Bunch of rock climbing gear ( one or two tables heaped up) and clothing, plenty of old school camo, tons of wooden decoys all kind of hunting implements, American Flyer train set, maybe an early painted Marx set next to it no track, oil lamps and estate pictures, china and flatware and tons of rank and file farm stuff. Not a whole lot of furniture but a couple nice pieces fitted with marble.

Chili dogs and food plenty of parking seen some people I know good time no rush no hurry but Curtis never rebuilt the dollar barn after it burned down a few years back. Cant beat it for a Thursday night in Caroline Co. Glad I went. Those two SKS were good ones, I bet they had been around for awhile and didn't look like most of the types that I see. I should have picked them up and checked them out better I guess.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Spent four years on Gina Lane off Three Bridges Road. As the crow flies (over the woods)American Corner Sale Barn was just North of me.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

We were off North Tara RD........the small hunting looking cabin you could see from the river otherwise you never knew we were there unless you drank at cinnamons in seaford or heard us shooting.

Lotta blood and sweat into that property

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Seen two SKS with underfolder bayos and some sort of muzzle device, A 88 Mauser that was unmolested, some top break nickle Ivers, a Stoeger 22 Luger a few common shotguns a few boot pistols and some well done BP pistol kits done by an advanced hobbyist. Uberti Army pistol with fluted cylinder Also, 7.7 jap with excellent blue and mum matching but bubba stock, a number of air rifles and some shotguns on other tables holsters pistol belts, Orvis soft sided gun cases just all kinds of firearms related stuff.

Tons of fly tying equipment, Bunch of rock climbing gear ( one or two tables heaped up) and clothing, plenty of old school camo, tons of wooden decoys all kind of hunting implements, American Flyer train set, maybe an early painted Marx set next to it no track, oil lamps and estate pictures, china and flatware and tons of rank and file farm stuff. Not a whole lot of furniture but a couple nice pieces fitted with marble.

Chili dogs and food plenty of parking seen some people I know good time no rush no hurry but Curtis never rebuilt the dollar barn after it burned down a few years back. Cant beat it for a Thursday night in Caroline Co. Glad I went. Those two SKS were good ones, I bet they had been around for awhile and didn't look like most of the types that I see. I should have picked them up and checked them out better I guess.

Yeah, you never know when the urge will hit you to climb the mountains of Caroline County MD

Furniture is the livelihood of Dixon's at Crumpton

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    We were off North Tara RD........the small hunting looking cabin you could see from the river otherwise you never knew we were there unless you drank at cinnamons in seaford or heard us shooting.

Lotta blood and sweat into that property
    If you continue down American Corner toward Preston from the auction house, Three Bridges was the next left, ran between American Corner and Rt. 313. Gina Lane was first left on Three Bridges. I could see Col. Richardson Across the field out my backdoor.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    I miss jockeying this old work horse. Nothing like jumping onto 4000 gallons of H2O behind a big old kitty CAT with a 9 spd Road Ranger and haulin out Code....... 6006740_orig.jpg

Rambler

Doing the best with the worst.
    Oct 22, 2011
    Doco, thanks for the heads up and update. I am in Easton and was only marginally aware of this place.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

firemanyz

MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Rofo did you hang around to see what they sold for? I was bidding on the Mauser but the other fella outbid me as I was not able to look at it before bidding so I bowed out at $130. The first SKS sold for $265, I walked away as I wanted to bid but they would only sell to out of state buyers. FFL said it was due to the grande launcher. I thought they were GTG for me but he has the final say. Most of the hand guns sold for under $75. I was curious as to how much the colt revolver sold for. He does not have guns there often and since it’s knly 6 miles away it was worth the ride back to try and get something. Either way it’s all good as I have to make my first new truck payment next week.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    No I left before bidding started but what could you tell me about the SKS's? They seemed like pretty good examples.
    That type 99 was a nice rifle too bad about the stock.
    I guess it was about 10-12 years ago when all the hoopla got started with the FA jap aircraft mg that went one night.
    That's when the dollar barn was still there.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Doco, thanks for the heads up and update. I am in Easton and was only marginally aware of this place.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Another one happening tonight Allen and Marshal on Esham Rd. Parsonsburg. Mens night out. Lots of guns and related items. You can online proxibid. I bought down there before but buyers premiums and taxes are high. I bet they will have 300-400 guns.

http://www.amauctions.com/upcoming-auctions-personal-property/

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    http://www.amauctions.com/upcoming-a...onal-property/ Nobody went? I bought a decent shooter trapdoor for 430.
    There were a good number of BP Colt and Remington pistols, a few SAA's that went right not to mention two kilos of other firearms.
    I didn't pay attention on a 6mm Lee magazine rifle and lost it.

nope didn't go. i got a laugh out of some of their on line auction descriptions container or boxes are allways full the pics show different :D

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    Used to go and buy at the Allen/Marshall auction, went (and spent heavy) every year from the first one up until about 3 years ago. The early years before online bidding, there were MANY deals to be had. Since then, not so much. I get it, this way yields the seller and the auction house more money. But I went for the deals and now with the high buyer's premium, sales tax, and high transfer fee per gun (not to mention you theoretically could be bidding against a zillionaire in Tajikistan, or several of them) it's just not worth my time anymore. For the past couple of years I went, every gun I was interested in went for WAY more than my limit, sometimes STARTING way above my limit. Sad, I loved this auction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom