Go Back   Maryland Shooters > General > Industry Partners > Firearms Dealers > Gym Ratz Nutrition
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old June 30th, 2020, 06:36 AM #31

I have used John for purchases for yrs. Then in March I ordered a Scorpion that he said was in stock and would have it in 7-10 days. Here it is almost July, I've called weekly and get no answers on the phone. My understanding is he wont refund but tells you to call your credit card company and cancel the sale due to no receiving the merchandise. I am cancelling my order with him and going up the street.
1ceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2020, 09:08 AM #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ceman View Post
I have used John for purchases for yrs. Then in March I ordered a Scorpion that he said was in stock and would have it in 7-10 days. Here it is almost July, I've called weekly and get no answers on the phone. My understanding is he wont refund but tells you to call your credit card company and cancel the sale due to no receiving the merchandise. I am cancelling my order with him and going up the street.
If that's true, it's a very bad sign. What kind of retailer wouldn't refund a customer after they can't meet the original sale contract?

I haven't bought from John in a year or so, but am sad to see his business is screwing over good people. It used to be nearby shops were ridiculously overpriced and John was sweeping away their sales, but clearly it wasn't sustainable. There are lots of shops opening lately.
gwchem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2020, 09:13 AM #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorcoachdoug View Post
I would not be surprised if John did come down with the virus and has been recovering and thus unable to do any customer responding at all. Yesterday alone their were over 300 deaths in our non free state and over 150 new cases as well. I hope that he is not one of those numbers...
How many of those deaths were COVID-19 related?
Attached Images

Mightydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2020, 09:19 AM #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ceman View Post
Not sure you can do that with CC, I always thought you had roughly 30 days to dispute a sale.
AAFG Member
NRA RSO
Patriot Picket Soldier

"Whatever else history may say about me when I'm gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty's lamp guiding your steps and opportunity's arm steadying your way." - Ronald Wilson Reagan
Down Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2020, 10:19 AM #35

I'm in no way associated with Gym Ratz but this doesn't seem hard to figure out.

A few facts:
  • Gym Ratz guns are typically hundreds of dollars less than competitors
  • Gym Ratz FFL fee is like $10 where competitiors are $50-100
  • Gym Ratz always has a dozen people lurking this group, other vendors have 0
  • Every gun store in Maryland is swamped by 10x normal sales, Gym Ratz probably 100x

This guy probably has an email inbox with hundred if not thousands of unread emails. His phone voicemail probably filled up back in March. Half of all these messages are probably along the lines "are any of your new AR15 for $500 from January still in stock?". Every second of his day he's probably trying to get caught up on the eight thousand FFL transfers, orders from original Covid panic, and everything else.

If you want to save $100 expect delays, otherwise just support one of the other local stores around here. Pay the extra and get the service. And no, I'm not associated with them either.
mdhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2020, 10:30 AM #36
don't drop Aboma on me

don't drop Aboma on me

I bought an NFA gun from John's personal collection. ATF said approved March 30. John says he never got the stamp. ATF said he needs to send them a letter requesting a new stamp. I typed up the letter and emailed it to him 2 weeks ago. I'm following up this afternoon to see if he sent it. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now.
Old June 30th, 2020, 10:31 AM #37

Google "reddit gymratz" and read some of those posts. Yikes....

Get yourself a Glock and lose that nickel plated sissy pistol
virtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2020, 11:06 AM #38

Location: Where everyone knows that Epstein Did Not Kill Himself.

Location: Where everyone knows that Epstein Did Not Kill Himself.
Quote:
"Your message

To: John Catalano
Subject: RE: ACTION REQUIRED!
Sent: Wednesday, May 6, 2020 4:35:09 PM (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)

was deleted without being read on Wednesday, May 6, 2020 9:27:19 PM (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)."
VS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdhog View Post
...this doesn't seem hard to figure out...
...This guy probably has an email inbox with hundred if not thousands of unread emails...
Unless you can reconcile your speculation with the quoted statement from upstream in this thread, it actually DOES seem hard to figure out...
Stop calling anti-gun politicians “stupid”. They are not. The continuing assault on gun owners and the Constitution/BoR has nothing to do with street-level crime and you will not “educate them” your way out of this.

The beatings will continue until morale improves.
E.Shell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2020, 11:43 AM #39

Ordered a Mini-14 November. It took about 3 months to show up, price wise it was $125 less than the next closest but they (the next in line FFL) also said it was about 1-2 months out at the time for the exact model I wanted (wood and stainless).

My crystal ball told me last year to start stocking up and make my purchases sooner rather than later as 2020 was going to be a f'ed-up year and so far its been correct.

I would not pay anything more than a nominal deposit for something that is not in stock and had to be ordered right now from anyone.
135sohc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2020, 12:01 PM #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdhog View Post
I'm in no way associated with Gym Ratz but this doesn't seem hard to figure out.

A few facts:
  • Gym Ratz guns are typically hundreds of dollars less than competitors
  • Gym Ratz FFL fee is like $10 where competitiors are $50-100
  • Gym Ratz always has a dozen people lurking this group, other vendors have 0
  • Every gun store in Maryland is swamped by 10x normal sales, Gym Ratz probably 100x

This guy probably has an email inbox with hundred if not thousands of unread emails. His phone voicemail probably filled up back in March. Half of all these messages are probably along the lines "are any of your new AR15 for $500 from January still in stock?". Every second of his day he's probably trying to get caught up on the eight thousand FFL transfers, orders from original Covid panic, and everything else.

If you want to save $100 expect delays, otherwise just support one of the other local stores around here. Pay the extra and get the service. And no, I'm not associated with them either.
Rhetorical question: Which of the above factors justify lying to customers rather than being truthful?

Home Page > Forum List > General > Industry Partners > Firearms Dealers > Gym Ratz Nutrition