• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sammycastello

Sep 4, 2020
    Southern Md
    hey I'm trying to build an AR15 Pistol what's a site that i can buy a complete build AR15 lower receiver. Online or in shop

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    I hear you can buy a fully semi automatic online, they'll ship it right to your house without a background check. Google it, I can't supply a link to it...

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    All AR 15 lowers, whether built out or stripped, will have to go through a Maryland FFL and you have to have a background check and an 8 day waiting period before you can take it home.
    But you don't have to have an HQL. You can not legally buy one out of state, either.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Go to a ffl. Buy a stripped lower. A stripped lower requires the federal 4473 form & background check that all firearms sales from FFLs require. It also requires the form 93r that you fill out when buying a handgun in MD, the background checks with the 93r, and the 7 day wait period. It does not require the HQL if you buy it stripped though. If you buy it configured as a pistol, it will.

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    And if you buy a stripped lower it can be made into whatever you want. Pistol rifle or whatever. Unlike a rifle AR which can’t legally be made into a pistol.

Sammycastello

Sep 4, 2020
    Southern Md
    I was looking at PSA and a complete lower i like but their rules are they can ship a complete lower to the state of maryland. I have already purchased an upper.its on the way. I didnt expect the problem with the lower.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I was looking at PSA and a complete lower i like but their rules are they can ship a complete lower to the state of maryland. I have already purchased an upper.its on the way. I didnt expect the problem with the lower.

Swing by your local gun shop. After paying transfer fees, you dont save much ordering online and having it sent to a ffl. Just call around and see if anyone has lowers in stock.

Pinnacle

Firearm Licensing (MD, FL, AZ)
    Aug 11, 2020
    hey I'm trying to build an AR15 Pistol what's a site that i can buy a complete build AR15 lower receiver. Online or in shop

I was in Tyler Firearms yesterday, they had a lower receiver available. They are in Halethorpe. A week before that Clyde's bait ship had one as well, they are right down the street from Tyler. They are popping up in local stores, stop by and check out some LGS or call around.

Pinnacle

Firearm Licensing (MD, FL, AZ)
    Aug 11, 2020
    Not sure if you are still looking, was in Tyler again today and they had 2 ATI Milsport lowers for just under $100.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Needs to have a brace not a stock

Most complete lowers come with stocks. A big no no for a pistol. Needs to have a brace. If a stock then considered an sbr- short barrel rifle. That needs a stamp before you can build it.

Calengor

wishes he were spike
    Apr 13, 2009
    Frederick, MD
    Most complete lowers come with stocks. A big no no for a pistol. Needs to have a brace. If a stock then considered an sbr- short barrel rifle. That needs a stamp before you can build it.

Incorrect. Any lower transferred as “other” can be built into either a pistol or a rifle. Doesn’t matter if a stock has been put on it. For it to be stuck on “rifle” it has to have been stocked AND barreled.

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    Go to a ffl. Buy a stripped lower. A stripped lower requires the federal 4473 form & background check that all firearms sales from FFLs require. It also requires the form 93r that you fill out when buying a handgun in MD, the background checks with the 93r, and the 7 day wait period. It does not require the HQL if you buy it stripped though. If you buy it configured as a pistol, it will.

That would be form 77r for MD

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom