• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    So, I was thinking about picking up a 9mm upper. Looked at these from PSA due to good prices. It says in the description, "To be used with Palmetto State Armory 9mm lowers that use either Colt® or Glock®-style magazines."

That said, I did email them, awaiting response, and I see this question asked on their site, but no definitive yes/no answer, unless I missed it. Will these AR9 uppers, fit, and work, on a standard milspec AR lower? It says for the PSA lowers designed for Colt or Glock mags, but I am wondering if it because the magwells are built to accept pistol mags? I was thinking about using my standard AR lower, and using a pistol magwell adapter, and a 9mm upper. Anyone done this before? If so, how did it work out, how reliable is it? Thanks in advnace.

Lucca1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 9, 2013
    Behind Enemy Lines
    This was PSA's response on Arfcom.

"We can only guarantee the fit and function of PSA parts with other PSA parts.

With that being said, our original AR-9 used our multi-cal AR15 style lower receiver and a magazine adapter block.

While it's possible to use a conversion kit and an AR15 lower on a 9mm AR upper, to reiterate, we can only guarantee fit and function of PSA parts with other PSA parts."
    https://www.ar15.com/forums/industr...r-running-a-9-mm-Conversion-kit-/301-283431/?

I'm running a PSA upper on a Quarter Circle glock lower.

eightshot627

Apr 10, 2008
    Thurmont
    I have a PSA gen 2 glock billet lower with a Joe Bob's Spartan non-reciprocating PCC upper KAW valley barrel, bcg and, buffer and spring. Work together zero issues.

Walt

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    I have a PSA 9mm upper on a lower I built from an 80% lower with one of the PSA mag well adapters. It has run flawlessly once I put a set screw in to hold the adapter tight in place. I also have the PSA heavy buffer on this one.l don't see why their upper wouldn't fit on any mill spec lower.

yakfish

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 27, 2017
    Thank you. I was hoping they would work on a standard lower with a 9mm pistol mag adapter, but won't take the chance.

They do. There's nothing special about the PSA lower. It has the same lug dimensions as every other AR lower.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom