• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aug 25, 2020
    New Windsor, MD
    Just wondering what everyone is using for a truck gun carry bag to get their guns from house to truck and to store/conceal inside the truck. Just finished an AR pistol build and would like to find something in the 30” range. 28” collapsed - 30” extended to shooting position. Thank you.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I saw a post on Reddit where someone used a hippy looking mandolin case. Thought being if he ever had to leave his vehicle behind the hippy looking case would attract less attention.

I couldn’t find the link to that one but instead found this video.

https://youtu.be/LeJQ-CL1GQw

bigjoegood1

King Lurker
    MDS Supporter
    May 2, 2005
    Behind enemy lines
    I've used a soft guitar case similar to the one in the video. Also used a backpack and just disassembled my AR pistol.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    I pick up various type and size cases when time permits (not very often) haunting flea markets, thrift stores, yard sales, etc.

Soft-sided racquetball cases and small string instrument cases either soft or molded work great. The best I’ve found are Heavily padded rigid sided cases for string instruments and especially camera cases (although camera eqpt says “steal me” loudly also if left in plain sight).

But, for simply deflecting prying neighborhood kids or Karen’s (male or female) eyes or, say, going in and out of hotels which we used do a Lot of when traveling those thick sided heavy padding small musical instrument and or racquet cases are tops. Secondhand is best but, Amazon is always nearby!

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    A ukulele case is about the right size for an AR pistol. There's a couple different sizes available. And it's discreet - nobody wants to hear you play your ukulele.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    For a pistol anyway. Just got this yesterday. Vertx Gamut 2.0
    I got a cheap 7.5 inch upper because my 10.5 was too long to fit.
    I'm eventually doing a review on this bag.
    72671515a834f99b419de002451655d9.jpg
    7b872cd13cfbcdded55252059609950c.jpg
    68d893f798371fa484200feabdaa01f3.jpg

Aug 25, 2020
    New Windsor, MD
    I like the Vertx bag. I have also seen the Sentinal Concepts Revelation II by Tuff Products. It was designed for an AR pistol with a 10.5” upper and a Law Tactical folder. Problem is the Law Tactical folders are sold out on every website that I have looked at. I would like the smaller bag, that a folder would allow, but never having had an AR pistol, don’t know how difficult it would be to put a folder into service in a self defense situation.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I’m thinking of a pistol build given the Labor Day sales. I use an old Bucket Boss attaché thing but too short for 28” build.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    For a pistol anyway. Just got this yesterday. Vertx Gamut 2.0
    I got a cheap 7.5 inch upper because my 10.5 was too long to fit.
    I'm eventually doing a review on this bag.

I have the same bag and love it. It will fit a MPX with a folder also.

Vertx duffle(that has backpack straps) has a longer pocket, but not sure what max length is.

Still jealous of the LAW folder...I'd buy 4 of them if I could at the moment.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I have the same bag and love it. It will fit a MPX with a folder also.

Vertx duffle(that has backpack straps) has a longer pocket, but not sure what max length is.

Still jealous of the LAW folder...I'd buy 4 of them if I could at the moment.
    May not happen soon, but field craft survival is eventually going to start carrying them.

cstone

Dec 12, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    Most of my bags came from thrift stores. Youth baseball bat bags make very nice bags and I don't believe I ever paid more than $5 for one. Backpacks are useful for pistols or something like a KelTec Sub2000, and most thrift stores will have them with a little wear and tear for less than $5.

Of course if you ever want to fly with a long gun, the 1700 Pelican case is my recommendation. I picked one of mine for $25. It was used and the lock hasps were cut up and the case had holes drilled in it. Pelican is real good on honoring their warranty. I paid shipping, about $30 to Pelican and they sent me back a brand spanking new case.

Has anyone used Advanced Packaging or House of Foam in Baltimore? I don't need any right now, and I had a place in Denver that would provide quality foam for cases, cut to fit. I would just like to have a place locally when I want to replace some foam. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom