• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rick

NRA Life Member
    Feb 25, 2016
    Eastern Shore
    Worked for my wife but not me or my mom. Apparently I joined eBay in 2003 , my wife did in '93 so she got it.

You have had to be there for 25 years apparently.

Something doesn't add up here. eBay only started in September of 1995 (Source), hence the HAPPY25 code was to celebrate their 25th anniversary, and not a code for members of 25 years. And, at the time they were called AuctionWeb. I'm not sure of the exact date, but they didn't become eBay until some time in 1996.

Personally, I see no rhyme or reason why the code works for some people and not for others.

slowpoke

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Annapolis
    Thanks @rtse4me, worked on our account open since 2000. Got a nice discount on a Klein multimeter to replace my old radioshack one that gave up the ghost last month.

rog951

Mar 6, 2018
    Not far from Frederick
    Thanks for this post! Went back and found the email from last week. Would've missed it otherwise.

Pretty cool trip down memory lane from ebay's good old days...the email shows my first items bought and sold, as well as a first time using the ebay app and the "make offer" feature (I got shot down lol). Ok, time to go shopping...thanks again OP!

Pinnacle

Firearm Licensing (MD, FL, AZ)
    Aug 11, 2020
    I remember seeing this post but forgot to check it. Went to look after a separate order and saw it in my inbox. Just scored a .50 Cal ammo can for $2.55. Niiiiiiiice. :clap:

member2845

Jan 11, 2016
    eBay HAPPY25

It worked for me once and each time I tried it again I got a message saying I had already used it. I am an old, old, old eBayer with plenty of money spent buying things.

Thanks for the tip. The $25 savings helps.

N3uka

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2013
    College Park
    Idiot cancelled my order. Their profile stated in US but ended up being a lie. Luckily was able to grab one from another person before coupon expired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom