• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DdotC

Jul 18, 2020
    Do some of you ever buy a gun without having ever fired it?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Even when you rent handgun(s) to test , you won't be purchasing that specific handgun . The main way that could happen is if one of your friends has something that you have fired before , and some point subsequently they decide to sell it .

The more relevant question is about purchasing firearms without having done hands on examination .

Lots of people do that , but I personally prefer to be able to inspect in person . Most online / print sellers of used firearms will have an inspection period, typically 48 or 72 hrs , for you to return if not as advertised . Online sellers of current production NEW firearms might deal with any problems themselves , or may tell you to have the Mfg deal with it under warranty .

Pinnacle

Firearm Licensing (MD, FL, AZ)
    Aug 11, 2020
    I would want to pay an instructor to fit and give her instruction for at least an hour.
    So far Freds as all I know that has firearms, range, and instructor. , While I have bought long guns from Freds in the past,, And I have never met their instructors, I am wanting an instructor who is "personable",,

Guntry has a gun rental counter and they offer hourly instruction. It is a bit far from you, up in Owings Mills. The website makes it easy to schedule time and they had 35ish guns to rent last week when I was there.

Oh, and you can rent as many as you want for the hour. I took a friend up there last week and helped her try 4 different guns so she could get a feel for different sizes, weights, etc. They will let you use your own ammo if it is factory.

Dalebert

Apr 15, 2020
    Baltimore County
    I could be missing the point here, but if I were in this situation I think I could turn it into a reason to buy a few more handguns, just so she'd have choices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom