Attachments

• B5A2AA1C-957B-4074-97B1-FBAED680EBB0.jpg
      B5A2AA1C-957B-4074-97B1-FBAED680EBB0.jpg
      49.6 KB · Views: 475

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    I ordered a set of Hesco L210 from saber solutions May 29. At that date, expected shipping was 6-8 weeks out. Here we are, almost at the end of 8 weeks and still no ship notification.

I’m excited to get them, but holy hell!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I wouldn't use those as anything more than training plates. Granted, that's a better price than the Rouge and Team Wendy workout plates.

You’re probably right, but school me as to why? Says it stops a .308 so it seems like that’s pretty good in my novice opinion?

But true I think the Team Wendy Training plates are $100.

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    You’re probably right, but school me as to why? Says it stops a .308 so it seems like that’s pretty good in my novice opinion?

Many ppl will say spall is going to kill you if you wear steel. The AR500 double coat seems to do a good job at keeping it contained from everything I've seen. I own a few AR500 plates but damn they're heavy. It's better than nothing but very far from the best. Also those plates you linked are flat and will be very uncomfortable to wear for more than say 15 min.

JTH20

Feb 18, 2013
    MD

Many ppl will say spall is going to kill you if you wear steel. The AR500 double coat seems to do a good job at keeping it contained from everything I've seen. I own a few AR500 plates but damn they're heavy. It's better than nothing but very far from the best. Also those plates you linked are flat and will be very uncomfortable to wear for more than say 15 min.

Pretty much this.

I dont take stock in AR500's claims or "tests" and instead put my faith in the NIJ certification process.

Single curve Level IV certified ceramic-composite plates have gotten very affordable, and will stop up to AP 30.06 without spall and with minimal back deformation.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Kota has this set in stock every couple days but it sells out in minutes. Sign up for their email alerts and don’t be slow. A co-worker got a set yesterday.

Attachments

• F0C8C275-B821-4F87-854E-7E321854F36D.jpg
      F0C8C275-B821-4F87-854E-7E321854F36D.jpg
      34.5 KB · Views: 325

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    any links for a plate carrier to use with this to have a complete set? novice for body armor here :)

How much you wanna spend and what do you want to do with it? Crye JPC 2.0 and the ferro concepts slickster are two great mid price options. Slickster is more a minimalist rig and JPC is full battle rattle. If you're not going to wear it unless you hear a bump in the night or the world ends for a few days you can prolly get by with a condor or AR500 branded rig. If you wanna drop serious coin buy a the rage of 2020 get a first spear strandhogg.

PharaohF4

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2010
    Kota has this set in stock every couple days but it sells out in minutes. Sign up for their email alerts and don’t be slow. A co-worker got a set yesterday.

thank you. Does the plate carrier, or this plate carrier have any protection?

what about what the police use, do their vests only provide protection with the ceramic plates?

Jul 16, 2020

what about what the police use, do their vests only provide protection with the ceramic plates?

Plate carriers are generally lacking in any sort of built-in ballistic panels, hence the name "plate carrier." When you have soft ballistic panels built in with space for the plates or SAPI inserts, it's generally going to be sold as a "body armor" set or not advertised as a "plate carrier."

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC

So plate carriers do not offer any more protection than a t shirt. The plates are what offer protection. Police often wear soft armor, which is different than what we're talking about here and normally only good for pistol rounds.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    15% off at Chase Tactical

Attachments

• E849849C-42E7-4CB8-BBF7-98B372AE4B70.jpg
      E849849C-42E7-4CB8-BBF7-98B372AE4B70.jpg
      64.1 KB · Views: 409

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics