• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • solarfuel

Oct 24, 2013
    Thank you for the quick response!

I hope to file my application with MSP by the end of the week. Fingers crossed :)

Sep 29, 2015
    Delmarva
    Question for those more in the know...

My wife runs a daycare out of our house, I do have to make deposits frequently but they're not more than a few hundred dollars at a time.

What are the chances of being able to use that as G&S?

Anything else I could add to make a better case?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Question for those more in the know...

My wife runs a daycare out of our house, I do have to make deposits frequently but they're not more than a few hundred dollars at a time.

What are the chances of being able to use that as G&S?

Anything else I could add to make a better case?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Are your an owner or manager of the business? State licensed? Meet those requirements and it will be easy no matter how little you deposit.

solarfuel

Oct 24, 2013
    Unless of course he is exempt if he is a veteran.

Thank you for the clarification guys. I am not a veteran so i will be signing up for a class asap.

Is there anyone you guys recommend in the Kent Island, Annapolis, or Crofton area?

Cost?

I would prefer to spread out the 16 hours over a few days after work if possible.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Thank you for the clarification guys. I am not a veteran so i will be signing up for a class asap.

Is there anyone you guys recommend in the Kent Island, Annapolis, or Crofton area?

Cost?

I would prefer to spread out the 16 hours over a few days after work if possible.

The vast majority of these classes are two day(8hr a piece).
    There are some who do the training one-on-one at a higher cost, but they can work around your schedule.

solarfuel

Oct 24, 2013
    This just came out in a newsletter update to the Frederick iwla regarding this class:

"April 9th & 16th – Maryland handgun permit training & seminar. 9am to 6pm both days. *FREE*. You will need a $75 money order for the Application fee and $54.50 for the fingerprinting. Volunteer Lawyers will assist."

I also just received an email regarding similar training for $525, & apparently doesn't include the application fee, nor fingerprints.

Wow that is great. I definitely need to enroll!

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    This just came out in a newsletter update to the Frederick iwla regarding this class:

"April 9th & 16th – Maryland handgun permit training & seminar. 9am to 6pm both days. *FREE*. You will need a $75 money order for the Application fee and $54.50 for the fingerprinting. Volunteer Lawyers will assist."

:thumbsup:

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

I also just received an email regarding similar training for $525, & apparently doesn't include the application fee, nor fingerprints.

Wow! Good on ya CypherPunk and everyone involved to make this happen. :party29:

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    Your application will not be considered unless you have the 16 hour training certificate attached.

If you take a firearms training course by a qualified handgun instructor that is less than 16 hours does that meet #5 below?

Who needs to take the training?

Every original application and renewal application submitted after October 1, 2013, unless exempt. If you are any one of the below you are exempted.

1. You are an active law enforcement officer with a law enforcement agency of the United States, the State or any local law enforcement agency in the State.
    2. You are a retired law enforcement officer with a law enforcement agency of the United States, the State or any local law enforcement agency in the State.
    3. You are an active, retired, or honorably discharged member of the armed forces of the United States or the National Guard.
    4. You are a Qualified Handgun Instructor registered with the Maryland State Police.
    5. You have successfully completed a firearms training course given by a Qualified Handgun Instructor. (The on-line firearm safety course is no longer accepted).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom