• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G20

Feb 18, 2013
    Apologies if this is a re-post,,, but over the last fews years the panhandling in Montgomery County has just gotten out of control! :mad54:

10 yrs ago panhandlers were for the most part only found in close proximity to the city, but now they can found on every goddamned street corner in Montgomery County.

I have a major intersection near my home in Rockville and just about every day without fail, there is a panhander on every corner - that's a total of 4 at one intersection. We had a group of women that were clearly related, using the same sign, that I refer to as "the gypsies," that blanketed the intersection near my house for over 2 years, but the corner must have dried up for them, so like locusts they moved off to a new corner. They would get picked up/dropped off in a half-way decent looking car.

One guy who walks around with a cane can be seen during his breaks drinking a beer and talking on his cell phone. :envy: This same individual was witnessed behind a tree in our neighborhood taking a piss!

I was going to the dump the other day and I noticed that every corner was covered by a panhandler at the intersection of Rockville Pike and Shady Grove Rd!

Most of the time these leaches don't say anything to you, but others run their mouths off when you ignore them and some employ an intimidation tactic of standing within a foot of your car window with their sign, just staring at you - it doesn't bother me - I tell'm to piss-off, but it makes my wife feel very uncomfortable.

What bugs the shit out of me are the fookin lib-loons that stop when the light is green to hand them money, damn nearly causing an accident.

This type of shit should be against the law, although I will not get my hopes up the leftist that control Montgomery County will EVER do anything about it.

Rant over....

Last edited by a moderator:

ofofhy

Jan 27, 2013
    Balto City
    I am not so much bothered by the destitute that panhandle. I am more bothered by the organizations and youth groups that go out and panhandle for donations at stop lights. Yesterday in B'more City, on MLK there were young kids, maybe 10 years old, out in the traffic panhandling. There were some homemade signs on the median that stated "CAUTION: Youth Fundraiser", but still, the safety implications are a real concern. One girl went to run towards a car with a dollar bill hanging out, and the light turned green. At least she had the sense to look at the light and stop.

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    The Obama Administration has indeed given us a lot to be thankful for....

Seth

Sep 17, 2013
    At first I thought you were talking about people from the western part of the state. I haven't had much of a problem but maybe that's because my beard scares them off.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    To me it seems like a scam. I live in Germantown and see them all over the place at Middlebrook and 118/Wisteria and 118- as well as the donks at Shady Grove and 355 when I drop off crap. All the signs seem to be the same- like the ones you see in DC with the "protesters". All made by the same people. I used to hand money at times in the past. No more. These ass clowns probably voted for Maobama and the other jerks. Reap what you sow. Because of the economy, I am less apt to help because it is hard to take care of my own. Chalk that up as another fallout of taking the ants' money and trying to give to the grasshoppers.

mward

Ultimate Member
    Dec 4, 2009
    Annapolis
    Don't come to Baltimore city if you think Montgomery county is bad...plus MoCo is a very right county, best believe they know that.

G20

Feb 18, 2013
    Don't come to Baltimore city if you think Montgomery county is bad...plus MoCo is a very right county, best believe they know that.

I work in DC, so I dodge the vegrants day-in-day-out on my walk to and from the office, but it has not been until recent years did they start showing up and spreading to the more residential suburbs. It's like the word has spread among the panhandlers - COME TO THE BURBS AND MAKE MORE MONEY.

They wouldn't be standing on the street corner near my hosue if people didn't give them money! :mad54:

BTW, not sure I follow your "MoCo is a very right county" comment.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    OP I couldn't agree with you more!! I live near New Hampshire and Randolph and there are always 3-4 at the intersection. Then on my way to work there are always 1-2 @ New Hampshire and Lockwood and ANYTIME you get off 495 @ White Oak there is always that one guy there named Scott. He is clearly able bodied, his beard is always trimmed, and in the fall when you can see into his hiding spot in the woods right there it's literally riddled with empty 40oz bottles.

MoCo is allowing this disaster and then raising our taxes to use the money to clean up some of their mess.

Don't even get me started on the Hispanic Ladies and their scam where they hand you a picture of a child who supposedly has brain damage and then ask you for money when they come around and pic the picture back up! Crooks!!! How is it that 3 different interactions with three seperate women all have the same baby??

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    I was sitting at the light at the corner of Fleet and Broadway and had one crush a can at me , flip me off and cuss me out about 2 weeks ago because I would not give him a quarter and "share" my cigarette with him . He got pissed when the guy in the truck and I started laughing at him over the crushing of the can in the air .

I hate Baltimore City

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    That is the one. They would get people going to the mall and to Braddock Square ( the plaza with Tractor Supply ). This is a charitable community and they were making a fortune.

I lived up that way for 4 1/2 years (I'll let you guess what I was doing hahaha) and honestly can't say I ever saw a panhandler. I'm glad the problem was handled that area is way to beautiful to be ruined. Hell most of the folks up there would gladly find them work or a home cooked meal.

Is that gun/archery store still on 40 heading East about 1/2 mile past the arbys?

madchestermonkey

Pond straddler
    Oct 10, 2012
    Lowcountry SC
    Germantown is terrible, I think they do one hour rotation on each corner! Seriously, I can go up middlebrook road, come back down an hour later and they have swithced corners, also many use the same card stock. There is clearly a fagan in town running the racket. On Saturdays its the younger hispanic girls wearing newer sneakers than me and nice bags on their shoulders. Hmm not where your money should be going.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I lived up that way for 4 1/2 years (I'll let you guess what I was doing hahaha) and honestly can't say I ever saw a panhandler. I'm glad the problem was handled that area is way to beautiful to be ruined. Hell most of the folks up there would gladly find them work or a home cooked meal.

Is that gun/archery store still on 40 heading East about 1/2 mile past the arbys?

Only 4 1/2 years. You got through faster than most.:D That panhandling issue was a short lived one. Six months or less. My father would stop and give them money, no matter how much I would protest. You need to visit the area again. Where Arbys was is now a CVS. Yes, The Bassin' Box is still there though.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Panhandlers will only stay in an area that they are successful in. When people 'feed' them, they will stay and usually multiply. The average Joe/Jane feels guilty for having money so they placate that guilt by giving to panhandlers without thinking about the long-term consequences. These people would serve a better purpose by donating to a charity that feeds the poor and/or finds them jobs. We've known that for years, but these liberal, guilt-ridden idiots continue to encourage the panhandlers.

When the supply of food/money dries up, they'll go elsewhere; it's that simple:sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom