• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sthomas229

none
    MDS Supporter
    May 7, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Are the mags for the various MK models interchangeable? I'm buying 1 MK2 22/45 and looking for extra mags, not sure what I can order.

Thanks

Sthomas229

none
    MDS Supporter
    May 7, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Dutch is correct, models vary immensely.

You can buy the same product, sans the 'Ruger' logo, cheaper from MecGar. They make the OEM magazines for Ruger anyway, so you can save yourself $5-6-7 per magazine without sacrificing quality or function by buying MecGar:https://www.mec-gar.com/pistol-magazines

Messed up on the model I listed, it's a mk3 22/45 lite.

I just ordered 3 from mecgar.

Thabks

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Had terrible luck with mecgar mags. All 6 that I bought would jam every round. None of my Ruger mags have that problem.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Had terrible luck with mecgar mags. All 6 that I bought would jam every round. None of my Ruger mags have that problem.
    I find that surprising, since MecGar makes ALL of them, stamps "Ruger" on some for Ruger to sell, and stamps "MecGar" on the others and sell them themselves.

I wonder what the issue was...maybe not the correct series? There ARE a lot of variations in models vs mags...

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    The issue I had with MecGar 22/45 mags had to do with the follower button rubbing and getting snagged. The way I fixed it was to polish the channel the button rides in until was really smooth. I also streched the springs a little to make them stronger. Not sure why the MecGar mags were like this and the Ruger mags were fine, but after working the follower button a few hundred times they work perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom