• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ripper157

Feb 20, 2008
    Carroll County
    I am going to cruise on up Sunday with a friend of mine on our bikes, we aren’t crazy but we do like to ride a little faster than leisurely. If anyone is interested or if you want to go we can certainly slow our pace to add some company. Probably going to leave the Carroll County area by 10ish. Looks like the weather is going to make for a nice ride!

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    Good show.

Plenty of Machine Guns around. Prices seem about right. Some decent ammo deals. 820rd cans of PMC 223 for $300, Fiocchi 55gr 223 for $340 case. Not bad considering you don't hav to pay shipping.

Picked up some more MagPul PMags, 30's for $13, 20's for $12.50 @ Denis Todd's table. Plenty of colors avaliable and window versions as well

FN had a booth there as well, plenty of goodies to pick up and check out. Nice to see a manufacturer come out and bring stuff for the general public to see.

HK was there, they said we suck, and we couldn't have any parts :lol2: But we expected that ;)

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I am going to go up early tomorrow, dont really need anything but Federal buckshot etc. Anyone see any of the following:

- Glock 33rd mags
    - Enfield 2A's
    - 930 SPX's?

Kevp

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2008
    3rdRcn,

The directions from the site got us a little confused...best to take 83N and exit at Rt300. Take 300 west of 83 to the Carlisle exit. Take a left at the light when come down the exit ramp. The fairgrounds will be down about 1.5 miles on the right. I thought the show was okay, but I was looking for mags and was somewhat disappointed in the prices. There is one guy in the place that has good prices on Glock mags considering the recent price increase...$18 $change. I heard Dennis Todd had PMags for a decent price, but most others did not. I refuse to pay $17-18 for a non-window model. Otherwise, it is nice to dream on $20+ MGs that will cost you that much in ammo to run now. Kevin

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    3rdRcn,

The directions from the site got us a little confused...best to take 83N and exit at Rt300. Take 300 west of 83 to the Carlisle exit. Take a left at the light when come down the exit ramp. The fairgrounds will be down about 1.5 miles on the right. I thought the show was okay, but I was looking for mags and was somewhat disappointed in the prices. There is one guy in the place that has good prices on Glock mags considering the recent price increase...$18 $change. I heard Dennis Todd had PMags for a decent price, but most others did not. I refuse to pay $17-18 for a non-window model. Otherwise, it is nice to dream on $20+ MGs that will cost you that much in ammo to run now. Kevin

Cool deal, thanks Kev. I'm goin to see if I can make it up there to get some of that 223 ammo that Jeep was talkin about. I am on an ammo binge right now, not buying anything but that, I'm over the 5k mark and want to get to the elusive 10k mark. Course that FAL of yours keeps staring at me pretty hard hangin on the wall.:D

Kevp

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2008
    That is what I ended up doing. I picked up 1,000rds of Fiocchi 9mm for
    $184. It was decent deal considering the current trend. I still have a hard time paying over $300 for 1,000 rds of 223, but I guess it is the way of the future. I have decided on the reloading route. Kevin

-Mil-Surp-Phreak-

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2007
    Gaithersburg
    Good show.

Plenty of Machine Guns around. Prices seem about right. Some decent ammo deals. 820rd cans of PMC 223 for $300, Fiocchi 55gr 223 for $340 case. Not bad considering you don't hav to pay shipping.

Picked up some more MagPul PMags, 30's for $13, 20's for $12.50 @ Denis Todd's table. Plenty of colors avaliable and window versions as well

FN had a booth there as well, plenty of goodies to pick up and check out. Nice to see a manufacturer come out and bring stuff for the general public to see.

HK was there, they said we suck, and we couldn't have any parts :lol2: But we expected that ;)

If I see Dennis Todd's booth at any gun show I usually make that my first stop. At my very first gun show years back I had no clue about Class III stuff and so I asked Dennis and the people who were working the booth about it. Knowing full well I wasn't going to buy anything, they all still took the time to walk me through the process and explain the basic ins and outs of Class III. For that, I hit his booth for around $50 each time I stop by. Outstanding people and outstanding products.

Joe

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    I went this morning...it seemed pretty slow, but maybe that was because the aisles were wider than I'm used too. It was OK overall, I was expecting more manufacturers to be there displaying stuff, it was cool to see the FN guns that will be coming out in the fall.

I picked up an AK site tool and some AR tools I needed. I got some Colt 32rd 9mm
    AR mags, a few P-Mags and AK mags for my collection. I found some parts I have been looking for- A1 buttstocks, pistol grips, a set of handguards and some slings - now I can almost finish a couple of retro builds, I still need some chrome BCG's.

I reallly wanted the DOE AR upper I saw but it was $1000. I saw a NIB Polytech Legend for $2200 - that's crazy talk, it was nice though. Lots of cool MG's to look at - I liked the Thompson display and the Maxim gun display was really cool. Saw quite a few different supressors there that I will check into later.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Pretty much struck out, thought seriously about a few M1 Carbines, saw 930s in breacher and "dual sport" configuration by no SPX's. Was actually quite surprised by the utter lack of the usual surplus guns and Century Arms AK's very very little and was I missing things or didnt Trader Jerry attend (usually he does?).

Still enjoyable to look around, picked up a couple hundred dollars of Miscellaneous stuff including

- Glock mags (ouch price increase and you have to watch the guys switching out the floorplates or selling the 31 rd mags). Still some good deals to be had on 17rd mags but I feel fairly well provisioned.

- PRVI 75grn match .223, not a flaming deal but not a rip at 200 rds/$100. Didnt see a lot of other .223/5.56 that was worth buying unless I wanted to buy 1000rds. I am fairly well provisioned (could use more at the right price) so I passed.

- A couple ammo cans, some buckshot that was also considerably more than the last Chantilly show, some Hotshot .303, one Pmag for the heck of it, and a few other miscellaneous things.

Overall I will probably save the fuel money next time and just concentrate on Chantilly.

Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    I went Friday when they opened. At first it looked like the same ole same ole. But the more I walked around I saw stuff and people I liked. I was able to talk to some friends I haven't seen for a while and met some new people. Found a deal on some South African 1980 .303 ammo, 300rds for $90, bought some 20rd Pmags from Mr. Todd, stole some of IO's free pens :). Never seen Century Arms at a show before, prices much higher then if you get it shipped. Worth my time & gas.

Chris L

Bite me
    Oct 31, 2007
    Catonsville
    I thought the show was pretty good, but will admit I was not paying attention to prices on most things. That being said, I did walk out with some Hornady 55 grn FMJ bullets to add to my reloading stash and an OD Green Magpul CTR.

madmattmd

Aug 17, 2006
    The Frozen North
    I rolled in a little later than my normal crack of dawn arrival on Saturday. I picked up four mags for my Beretta 96 at a decent price as well as some reloading supplies and a used Fobus paddle holster for my XD.

My first time for the York show. I thought there was a little bit more in the way of reloading supplies than what I see at a Maryland show (OK, one couple with reloading stuff, but that’s one more than you see at shows around here). Also, since I’m primarily a pistol shooter, that’s what I was looking at. Prices for used handguns seemed high, especially for some collectibles (several unremarkable Colt 1903 Pocket Hammerless in .32ACP offered at over $700 each – but one guy had one for $395 – and quite a few Colt Pythons, which were offered at $1,100 and up). I saw a few 1898 Broomhandle Mausers that l thought were pretty cool, including one at less than $500 (I had to wonder what was wrong with it). To me, the deals of the day were the two S&W Model 28’s I saw (different vendors) at less than $500. The prices on these have been going up & up recently. I didn’t think the pistol ammo was much of a savings over what I can get at Dick’s on sale so I saved my cash for other things. The 500 “once fired” and cleaned 10mm cases from Midway was a good find.

The full auto stuff was really cool as well as come of the collectibles (totally sweet Luger carbine and the Broomhandles). I was a bit disappointed that the vendors I talked to didn’t seem to be inclined to dicker on price on Saturday afternoon. Perhaps Sunday would have been better for picking up some deals. I wish I knew more about C&R rifles. Still, well worth the drive for me.

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom