• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigdtc

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 6, 2007
    South Carolina
    Yeah, It's 13% to the auctioneer, PLUS transfer fees starting at $35.00 for long guns to $50.00 for handguns. Auctions like this are pretty unpredictable for good deals. It depends on who's there ,How many are there, even the weather! I've seen this with lots of auctions around here and have had some really good deals on things like antique furniture worth at least $250.00 for $50.00 on a rainy day,Really! :thumbsup:

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Went to a auction in WVA in October not far from Deep Creek and everything went way over what it was worth, seems like everybody just wanted to buy something

That happens sometimes. Again if you're willing to wait it out they had one that lasted till 0300 in the am. I got a NICE Weaver (K10?) scope for 22 bucks, I Ebayed it for $150.00. I also bought over 2,000 .44 Mag brass casings for 30 bucks, I made a ton on that as well.
    Good deals don't always happen and often they don't BUT you never know.

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    I'll have to check with the g/f about my February schedule...and then check my bank account to see if I'm even going to have any spending money(unlikely)

If I do go, I'll stay at my brother's place on Elliot Island...

BIGBRAD

Mar 9, 2007
    EASTERN SHORE OF MARYLAND
    last year there where 1100 bidders but there where almost 300 guns. alittle bit of everything. If you have something to sell give them a call ,its a good auction to sell at.
    people do get caught up in the bidding ,just set your limit and stick to it. this year its about 145 guns so far. everyday they are getting calls to consign stuff, never know whats next. IF you do call them please let them know that you heard about it from me. it always helps. keep checking the site they update alot.
    good luck all.
    BIGBRAD

Last edited:

trbon8r

Ultimate Member
    There is some interesting stuff there. The Remington Rand 1911 has me interested. The Pre-64 Winchester Model 70 looks nice too. The Winchester M1 carbine isn't shabby either. :)

As mentioned though, auctions are often tough to find any real deals at. There are always just enough idiots that are willing to pay way too much and screw it up for the rest of us.

That being said, I might try to go to this. I am curious, if for no other reason than to get a good laugh at some of the prices people pay.

coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County
    A buyers premium is a premium attached to the final value of the auction. For example:

Say there is a 10% buyers premium and the auction ends at $100. The buyers premium would be $10 so the buyer has to pay a total of $110.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom