• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Just stumbled across one of these on Facebook. Anyone ever seen one in the wild? Looks like early 1900s production with an octagonal barrel and a Mauser-esque action.

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    Tons of them came into the US over the past 2 decades. Swedes are limited to 6 rifles and don't attach sentiment to grampa's relic.
    The action reminds me of a scaled down 1871 military Mauser, early Mannlichers and other 19th century split bridge bolt action single shots.
    They can be decent shooters. The barrels are long! Husqvarna made high quality rifles from good steel. I had one in 32-20 for a while. They also came in 30-30 and 25-20.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I'm pretty sure I saw one at the York gun show today. I remember the tag saying Husqvarna .45-70. I can't remember the price :o. It was kinda buried in the stack, and I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to it.:rolleyes:

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Tons of them came into the US over the past 2 decades. Swedes are limited to 6 rifles and don't attach sentiment to grampa's relic.
    The action reminds me of a scaled down 1871 military Mauser, early Mannlichers and other 19th century split bridge bolt action single shots.
    They can be decent shooters. The barrels are long! Husqvarna made high quality rifles from good steel. I had one in 32-20 for a while. They also came in 30-30 and 25-20.

.30-30 could be neat too. 45-70 always appeals to me for some reason.

noddaz

bonehead
    Jan 9, 2014
    Arnold
    Just stumbled across one of these on Facebook. Anyone ever seen one in the wild? Looks like early 1900s production with an octagonal barrel and a Mauser-esque action.

Very nice! I like single shot rifles. Simple mechanicals. I need to find something like that.

Noddaz

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom