Anyone here with a MD CCW and NOT a business owner or cop?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Isaakb

Dec 15, 2015
    Northern Calvert County
    MSP stopped allowing the OPM breach and security clearances as a reason.You must hve documented threats against your life (not general threats against a group of government employees).

I got mine a month ago using these reasons. Sure I had one or two more legitimate reasons, but I doubt they made a huge impact.

Mar 23, 2016
    Carroll County
    They provided nothing but the OPM letter. Its not your job to make the case for the MSP. Put forward your package and articulate your positions well. IF they deny you, take it to the HPRB and make them price their position against you, with evidence per HPRB SOP. The MSP can not do it. All they do is come in and read some summary, which is NOT evidence against you for the denial. Just apply man, you will be happy you did.

Would you be able and willing to provide a personal info redacted copy of their G&S in a PM?

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    Used disability as G&S, multiple data breach...Applied X2, Denied X2, went to HPRB X2 and still no permit. Good luck, let me know how it works out for you.

As a victim of the data breach, disabled verified by ssdi (polio, post polio) wonder if there would be an argument for self protection due to disability. Might be a case to pursue. Just throwing it out there

I too am disabled, an honorably discharged veteran and have been the victim of the VA data breach. I am unable to run(can't even walk fast with my can), and too frail to fight(severe osteoporosis).

It seems to me a CCW is in order for all in my situation and denying such permits only creates ideal victims for the bad guys.

Anyone have any success in similar situations?

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    If you are trying to apply for a permit using the OPM breach, odni sead 3 will be of great use.

Attachments

• SEAD-3-Reporting-U.pdf
      5.1 MB · Views: 398
    • S.O.P. 29-15-007 - Processing of Handgun Permit Applications (1)-2.pdf
      105.5 KB · Views: 252
    • MD wear and Carry.docx
      666.4 KB · Views: 124

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    This is exactly right, and this is the exact point that we should be hammering home when appealing to our liberal friends. "Come on man, don't you care about the poor?"

Well, they do care, which is probably why every judge in Baltimore City or County drops gun charges on prohibited repeat offenders every single day...

They, the criminals, don't need G&S...They have public defender and liberal court system on their sides...

-Story that I'd like to share about the difference a state boundary line makes....
    -My estranged daughter recently has come back into my families lives.
    -She lives about 4.5 hours away, up in Pennsylvania. She is a nurse.
    -She decided that she wanted a handgun and inquired at a local (to her) Pa. gun shop.
    -Bought one by how it looked because she had never fired a handgun in her life.
    -All she knows is the brand name....and that it's a 9mm...
    -She said the entire process, of choosing the pistol, applying for her concealed carry permit, and out the door with her new gun, took about 15 minutes...

To this day, she has never fired a handgun, rifle, or shotgun.

I plan to introduce her to shooting on her next trip down here, and told her to buy a lockbox, or lock, to transport her unknown 9mm down with her, and also plan to have her shoot a variety of my firearms as well...

With her last visit down, I am amazed at how different it is (as far as being a LEGAL, LAW ABIDING GUN OWNER, in a section of Free America, as opposed to this "down the shiTTer a little more everyday" state we live in...:tdown:

Due to family issues beyond my control, I'll fricking never get to roll out of Maryland...which truly sucks. :sad20:

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I can’t believe there aren’t multiple lawsuits over two wear and carry candidates with the same G&S submission where one is approved and one is denied.

jtaldow

www.mises.org
    Jan 28, 2018
    Montgomery County, MD
    Well, they do care, which is probably why every judge in Baltimore City or County drops gun charges on prohibited repeat offenders every single day...

They, the criminals, don't need G&S...They have public defender and liberal court system on their sides...

It's unclear to me what you mean by repeat offenders. To the extent that they aren't getting charged with owning or carrying a firearm, which shouldn't be a crime, that's a good thing.

That being said, I'd be fine with laws that would punish firearms owners that have recently (past 7 years? past 10 years?) been convicted of violent crimes.

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    It's unclear to me what you mean by repeat offenders. To the extent that they aren't getting charged with owning or carrying a firearm, which shouldn't be a crime, that's a good thing.

That being said, I'd be fine with laws that would punish firearms owners that have recently (past 7 years? past 10 years?) been convicted of violent crimes.

I'm referring to criminals.

You seem to have missed a keyword just before repeat offenders...That word being PROHIBITED...as referred to criminals that are prohibited to own a gun, and still commit crimes with them, and with absolutely no repercussions when they are arrested and charged with illegally possessing a firearm when committing other crimes, as in repeating...

If you are a CRIMINAL who is caught over and over with a gun...robbing, shooting, threatening people, with a gun, then you should be prohibited forever IMO...and you should be subjected to the "mandatory" punishment...which as I stated above, does not happen to "prohibited repeat offenders" for some unknown reason...

The mandatory jail time gun charge is the 1st charge dropped...over and over..IF you are a habitual criminal, yet let me, a guy with a 100% empty and clean criminal record be caught carrying my own, bought and paid for, legally acquired firearm, that I carried for protection against the "prohibited repeat offenders" and see if that same charge is dropped.....it's ********.

jtaldow

www.mises.org
    Jan 28, 2018
    Montgomery County, MD
    I'm referring to criminals.

You seem to have missed a keyword just before repeat offenders...That word being PROHIBITED...as referred to criminals that are prohibited to own a gun, and still commit crimes with them, and with absolutely no repercussions when they are arrested and charged with illegally possessing a firearm when committing other crimes, as in repeating...

I was reading too fast. My mistake. I agree with you here.

If you are a CRIMINAL who is caught over and over with a gun...robbing, shooting, threatening people, with a gun, then you should be prohibited forever IMO...and you should be subjected to the "mandatory" punishment...which as I stated above, does not happen to "prohibited repeat offenders" for some unknown reason...

I even agree with you here. Criminals can still get guns through the black market, though. So I'm not sure how effective the law will be at preventing violent criminals from obtaining guns. Are you aware of cases in which an ex-con previously convicted for violent crime with a deadly weapon was able to purchase a gun legally? If so, that's a failure of the background check I would think.

The mandatory jail time gun charge is the 1st charge dropped...over and over..IF you are a habitual criminal, yet let me, a guy with a 100% empty and clean criminal record be caught carrying my own, bought and paid for, legally acquired firearm, that I carried for protection against the "prohibited repeat offenders" and see if that same charge is dropped.....it's ********.

We're in agreement here, too. Why do you suppose the gun charges get dropped? Is it usually the case that the perpetrator is going to jail for X years anyway, and they just don't want to add the gun charge so as not to extend the sentence?

j&ksmall

Feb 18, 2013
    W&C successful on 1st attempt. Had believed it impossible here. Rationale was OPM breach and current employment. Valid as long as I hold the job. Wife told me to stop whining and apply. Did some homework and $500+ later was approved. Process was professionally done with no B.S. We both are now training lots.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    To expand on 71Chevelle's point :

For this year's testimony , I looked at people from whon firearms siezed in Baltimore . In the vicinity of 85% were Prohibited Persons .

I also did limited cross checking of those named with Judiary Case Search . None of that sample were charged with Prohibited in Possession. The one that was charged with a laundry list of gun related charges , was in Possession of illegally converted full auto, and illegal suppressor. All the firearm charges were Nolle Pros'ed except for one count of improper possession of Regulated Weapon , with probation only .

My point was that by simply enforcing Prohibited Persons, AND giving meaning sentencing most of the Bad Actors could be removed from the streets of B'more , without complicated conspiracy investigations, or reliance unpon justifiably skittish witnesses .

And the other trivia question, is that from my sample , where sufficient information available , the suspects with no history , nor accusations of wrongdoing at time of being busted was about 4% . This could mean that few people are making the decision to protect themselves without benefit of unavailable piece of plastic. Or could be a whole bunch of them , who all conduct themselves so as to not require the attention of LE .

lonzo

Dec 8, 2015
    Moco
    Got mine using the OPM, ect..I'm up for renewal this year. I've decided NOT to renew it. Too much trouble, time and money..besides, I hope to move to a friendlier state soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom