• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Correct. No permit required to OC. As long as the business doesn't have a "no firearms" notice at the door, you should be good to go. From my experience those signs are very, very rare. Here is a partial list of gun owner unfriendly businesses in which you would not be able to OC: http://www.vcdl.org/static/gue.html

I have seen the "No Berettas" sign on a BB&T bank door here in MD. Does that mean I can carry my Glock, Steyr, SIG, or CZ? I would if I could... "but the sign is clearly a picture of a Beretta pistol... and I don't have one!" :D

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Not to thread hi-jack but I have a really dumb question, what if you buy a AK in VA (not a regulated state) can you bring it back to MD legally?

As a Maryland resident you can't buy regulated weapons outside the state, only non-regulated long guns.

turbosc20

Nov 6, 2007
    Glen Burnie
    I have seen the "No Berettas" sign on a BB&T bank door here in MD. Does that mean I can carry my Glock, Steyr, SIG, or CZ? I would if I could... "but the sign is clearly a picture of a Beretta pistol... and I don't have one!" :D

that'll stop a bank robber! :innocent0

boatbod

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2007
    Talbot Co
    As a Maryland resident you can't buy regulated weapons outside the state, only non-regulated long guns.

I know you can't buy handguns out of state, which would be a violation of federal law, but where in the MD statute does it say you can't buy a long gun out of state if Maryland considers it a "regulated" weapon?

Never mind, I found it.
    § 5-137. Out-of-state purchases.

(a) Requirements for purchase.- A person who seeks to own a regulated firearm and purchases the regulated firearm from an out-of-state federally licensed gun importer, manufacturer, or dealer shall:

(1) have the federally licensed importer, manufacturer, or dealer ship the regulated firearm to a licensee for processing; and

(2) comply with §§ 5-103, 5-104, 5-117 through 5-129, and 5-136 of this subtitle.

(b) Waiver of requirements.- If a person purchases a regulated firearm for use within the scope of the person's official duties, the Secretary may waive the 7-day waiting period under § 5-124 of this subtitle for:

(1) law enforcement personnel of any unit of the federal government;

(2) members of the armed forces of the United States or the National Guard; or

(3) law enforcement personnel of the State or any local agency in the State.

[An. Code 1957, art. 27, § 445A; 2003, ch. 5, § 2; ch. 21, § 7.]​

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Well that blows.........not that I am trying to get around the system (unless it includes overpriced Maryland Dealers who want $600 for one you can pick up for $300 at the show!)

Oh well.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JOELEWIS419

Latest threads

Top Bottom