• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    It boils down to intent, which is sometimes easy to discern, sometimes not. I have an interest in Soviet-era guns and space memorabilia, but that in no way makes me a communist... I grew up with lots of military brats whose families had served in the army for generations, many of them had cardboard boxes of WW2 paraphernalia that was brought back as war trophies, and there was no malignant interest involved - but in some necks of the woods, it seems there are just as many kooks and n*zi admirers as genuine collectors.

tzoid

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 8, 2007
    The last gun show I attended there was a guy selling Nazi paraphernalia.

I'm not Jewish but that actually offended me and I thought great all we need is a news crew taping a story at the gun show and all that will end up on the news is a few pot bellied gun toters with Confederate flag hats and T-shirts and this guy selling Photo's of Hitler and swastika pins and flags.

The liberals and Anti-Gun nuts love that shit.

I have the ability to make the distinction but the bolded part of what I wrote is what the Anti-Gun folks see.

gunconnection

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2008
    Good Gun Shows Are Gone!

The days of good gun shows are gone here in Maryland. The large promoters have made it so that "Fully Licensed Dealers" do not want to preticipate, because of High Table Fees and low customer/spectator turn out. When I started doing shows, tables were $45 each and 8 feet long. Now they are as high and even higher than, $65 each and are only 6 feet long. So do the math, 3 tables @$45.00ea.= 24 feet for $135.00, now 3 tables @$65.00ea.= 18 feet for $195.00. The average dealer would need a minimum of 6 tables to effectively display there inventory and have room enough for there customers to do the required paperwork to buy a gun. So now we're up to $390.00 just in tables, not to mention fuel, labor, and sometimes lodging exspences. This is why shows are now more like flea markets and less like Gun Shows. So alot of us travel to out of state gun shows, which is great for hi-cap mag & powder purchases but, for gun purchases it just creates the headache of which dealer will do my transfer and does the gun meet the requirements of the State of Maryland. Stuffed animals do not require paperwork yet and that is why you will see more of them at our local gun shows/Flea Markets. The truth is that the promoters will do anything to sell there tables, except for what makes sense, which is advertise more and try to make it more attactive for dealers and consumers alike to visit there shows. A good way to do this to try to maybe lower admission and table fees. It seems like dealers are the only ones discounting anything at shows. Maybe one day MD Shooters forum will be organized enough that it or some of it's members will attempt to promote a show/shows in the Maryland area. I would definitly attend that show. So even though I did not attend the Issac Walton League Gun Show in Bel Air,MD, I give them props for trying to do something good for Maryland and it's Gun buyers. Which was provide a affordable gun show for both dealers and consumers to attend. If you really want to make a difference for the industry and our sport, buy a gun from the local dealer of your choice, instead of a internet dealer and maybe next time there will be one more dealer at the next show.:D

kingfish

Jan 15, 2008
    You guys need to open your eyes a bit ;)
    I missed it this year due to family commitments, but here's what I scored. The last time they had it in the VFW, a new TRW M14 bolt for $40. I sold it to a friend for $150.
    Last year, I found an unfired (since rebuilding in the CCCP) russian sks for $150 OTD. As I walk away, the guy says --wait, you forgot the ammo that goes with that. At that same show, I found a Winchester M14 barrel, unissued, for $125. A friend begs me to sell it to him for $325. So I do. Long story short, I LOVE the bel air show. I almost cried this year but I promisedd my daughter we'd visit the museums.

Lambo

R.I.P.
    Dec 6, 2005
    Bel Air, Maryland
    The days of good gun shows are gone here in Maryland. The large promoters have made it so that "Fully Licensed Dealers" do not want to preticipate, because of High Table Fees and low customer/spectator turn out. When I started doing shows, tables were $45 each and 8 feet long. Now they are as high and even higher than, $65 each and are only 6 feet long. So do the math, 3 tables @$45.00ea.= 24 feet for $135.00, now 3 tables @$65.00ea.= 18 feet for $195.00. The average dealer would need a minimum of 6 tables to effectively display there inventory and have room enough for there customers to do the required paperwork to buy a gun. So now we're up to $390.00 just in tables, not to mention fuel, labor, and sometimes lodging exspences. This is why shows are now more like flea markets and less like Gun Shows. So alot of us travel to out of state gun shows, which is great for hi-cap mag & powder purchases but, for gun purchases it just creates the headache of which dealer will do my transfer and does the gun meet the requirements of the State of Maryland. Stuffed animals do not require paperwork yet and that is why you will see more of them at our local gun shows/Flea Markets. The truth is that the promoters will do anything to sell there tables, except for what makes sense, which is advertise more and try to make it more attactive for dealers and consumers alike to visit there shows. A good way to do this to try to maybe lower admission and table fees. It seems like dealers are the only ones discounting anything at shows. Maybe one day MD Shooters forum will be organized enough that it or some of it's members will attempt to promote a show/shows in the Maryland area. I would definitly attend that show. So even though I did not attend the Issac Walton League Gun Show in Bel Air,MD, I give them props for trying to do something good for Maryland and it's Gun buyers. Which was provide a affordable gun show for both dealers and consumers to attend. If you really want to make a difference for the industry and our sport, buy a gun from the local dealer of your choice, instead of a internet dealer and maybe next time there will be one more dealer at the next show.:D

The last time I checked (2 years ago) Tables at the Chantilly Show were over $100.00!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom