• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ElDunco

Jul 21, 2008
    Silver Spring
    I was there with a couple friends early on, got there about 15 after they opened. Was a few deals here and there, was a very very nice 1944 mosin sniper, best looking bore I've seen on one yet and fully matching numbers for 500 or less if I recall correctly.

My buddy and I found some great deals on mosin ammo, 100rds for $25, might not be the best stuff but it's perfectly fine for what we're doing. Also got a good deal on some .308 from Georgia Arms. Too bad I drove out to cresap just to find out it was a members only day.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Just got back a few minutes ago. I have to say that it was pretty pleasant not being crammed in their like cattle and suffering the usual combination of BO and tobacco smoke that accompanies most gun shows.

Ammo was pretty picked over, though I managed to get some of the PPU 75gr stuff to see how it runs.

I also got the last G30 mag from OBX ammo for $15.00. :D

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    No one there had scope shims for sale... the only thing I was working for. A friend of mine wanted a Mosin Nagant M91/30, but they asked her to present a 2nd form of ID (is that usual for VA sales?).

Otherwise, pretty much usual fare. Love that show, it's always fun to go and fondle all the stuff there...

Cpl. Cornbeef

May 22, 2007
    Frederick
    I was there yesterday and picked up a 10/22 for my winter project and a bunch of Magpul 30 rnd clips. I just wish I was allowed to buy handguns in VA they had some pretty decent prices....well, actually I am glad I couldn't I would have spent so much cash the wife probably would have divorced me.

tpy77

Ultimate Member
    Sep 27, 2007
    P.G. Co.
    No one there had scope shims for sale... the only thing I was working for. A friend of mine wanted a Mosin Nagant M91/30, but they asked her to present a 2nd form of ID (is that usual for VA sales?).

Otherwise, pretty much usual fare. Love that show, it's always fun to go and fondle all the stuff there...

What were they asking for the 91/30? Sounds odd that they'd want a 2nd ID, assuming the first was a valid Md. DL, as they have some kind of official holograph protection.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    From their site:

VA Residents: Must be of legal age to purchase a firearm. Must have two (2) forms of ID with the same exact address. One ID should be a valid VA Driver's License or VA ID Card. The other ID can be a document that proves you are VA resident...a concealed carry permit, a personal check , a vehicle registration, utility bill...you can also use a hunting/fishing license...which ever form of ID you use for your 2nd ID it must have the same exact address as your driver's license. VA law requires additional ID (such as voter ID, passport, or birth certificate) for certain "assault weapons", and much of the buying public continues to be unaware of this (despite the fact the law has existed for about 10 years!). If you could add this it might help us at the shows, as we have to turn down a lot of sales when people don't have these specific ID's. Here is the relevant text:
    http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+18.2-308.2:2
    http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+18.2-308.2C2
    Criminal history record information check required for the transfer of certain firearms. You must fill out the paperwork and pass the background check, you can then take your firearm with you.

"In addition, no dealer shall sell, rent, trade or transfer from his inventory any assault firearm to any person who is not a citizen of the United States or who is not a person lawfully admitted for permanent residence. To establish citizenship or lawful admission for a permanent residence for purposes of purchasing an assault firearm, a dealer shall require a prospective purchaser to present a certified birth certificate or a certificate of birth abroad issued by the United States State Department, a certificate of citizenship or a certificate of naturalization issued by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, an unexpired U.S. passport, a United States citizen identification card, a current voter registration card, a current selective service registration card, or an immigrant visa or other documentation of status as a person lawfully admitted for permanent residence issued by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services."

NON-VA Residents: Must be of legal age to purchase a firearm. Can only purchase long guns (rifles and shotguns) and must have the same forms of ID as VA residents. Driver's License from your State of residence and another ID that proves you live in that State. ALL LAWS OF BOTH STATES MUST BE COMPLIED WITH. You must fill out the paperwork and pass the background check, you can then take your firearm with you.

tpy77

Ultimate Member
    Sep 27, 2007
    P.G. Co.
    Bummer on the long gun only thing for us MD'ers. So is there a Maryland show that's anywhere as good as this one?

Bring your check book!
    The other ID can be a document that proves you are VA resident...a concealed carry permit, a personal check , a vehicle registration, utility bill...you can also use a hunting/fishing license...which ever form of ID you use for your 2nd ID it must have the same exact address as your driver's license.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Bring your check book!
    The other ID can be a document that proves you are VA resident...a concealed carry permit, a personal check , a vehicle registration, utility bill...you can also use a hunting/fishing license...which ever form of ID you use for your 2nd ID it must have the same exact address as your driver's license.

Yeah the guy was telling us we could just run down to wal-mart and get a $3 fishing license or something. My friend drove her dad's car so that's why she didn't have a vehicle registration or anything.

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    I found 4 ruskie AK mags in a stack for 11 bucks a pop. And I was gonna buy 7.62x39...but they ran out...the entire show, ran out of it. Also picked up a lula.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom