• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • netcentry

Apr 30, 2013
    Baltimore, MD
    Ok - so I got a scenario.

If a gunowner who lives in one area of the county is being issued a peace order against another person in another area across the beltway with NO CONTACT, NO TRESSPASSING, SHALL NOT COMMIT or THREATEN, and although not really guilt of any of this, if there a chance of the peace order being finalized, will the gun owner loose their guns?

Although I see some things regarding protective order that says guns will be taken, what is difference between peace order and protective order?

Thanks for your input

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Ok - so I got a scenario.

If a gunowner who lives in one area of the county is being issued a peace order against another person in another area across the beltway with NO CONTACT, NO TRESSPASSING, SHALL NOT COMMIT or THREATEN, and although not really guilt of any of this, if there a chance of the peace order being finalized, will the gun owner loose their guns?

Although I see some things regarding protective order that says guns will be taken, what is difference between peace order and protective order?

Thanks for your input

Define not "Really" guilty.

netcentry

Apr 30, 2013
    Baltimore, MD
    Its just an argument :

- landlord left the house for a few days to dstress and orders tenant to clean her house pending an inspection in a day or 2
    - the tenant dont want to clean the landlords entire house if she only lives in a basement
    - the landlord issued an ultimatum that there would be problems if she dont
    - and the tenant expresses her despair to a friend
    - and the tenants friend texted the landlord to end the demands and orders to make the tenant her maid
    - and the landlord became vindictive and started taking out the tenants AC, lights, access to shower, microwave, refrigerator, and washing machine despite it being all included in the rent
    - tenants raise their notice to leave in agreed 3 weeks
    - landlord wants to up the ante and wants tenant to leave asap with remaining rent and deposit forfeited, and hand bag 'confiscated' which was caught on security video and reported to police withholding evidence
    - tenant and friend negotiate by text that they will leave asap if they get deposit, remaining rent, and purse returned with landlord not replying
    - landlord asking what evidence tenant and friend have she took the purse... tenant and friend describe what was on recording and landlord does not reply
    - tenant and friend negotiates by text to leave at the end of the last day rent is paid (2 weeks earlier than the agreed upon separation period) if landlord returns deposit and purse with landlord not replying
    - landlord files peace order

guilty or not guilt?

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    Why wouldnt they immediately press charges on the landlord stealing their property? If you are having a pissing match, ya may as well be the first one to press charges.

and while I most certainly wouldnt advocate being clumsy, if lighting were removed or permanently disabled, that could create a tripping hazard at which point the landlord may be under a lot of liability for injuries suffered.

With the way the laws are written, it is in the landlord's best interest for them to leave voluntarily and immediately without screwing with them too badly.

netcentry

Apr 30, 2013
    Baltimore, MD
    Good point Bama - It is just suppose to be a simple argument that everyone can walk away from and no public records being created....

Landlord is nuts...

But I guess nothing can really be learned from this site... moving on...

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    No , you just recieved a very important advice :

1. Don't tell Us .
    2. Get lawyer.
    3. While you're at it delete your posts from this thread.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    This is an issue that your interweb friends can't help you with, in my opinion. It is too important to take interweb advice.

Good Luck!

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    grammar_nazi.jpg

See a lawyer. You can also ask about constructive eviction.

Nixon

Jun 28, 2010
    Get a lawyer.

You said a peace order was filed not that it was granted. There has to be some sort of hearing, right?

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    Make sure to go to hearing. I cannot see a final order being granted if all you have said is 100% true.

I would also go to commissioner to discuss the stolen purse and it also sounds like the landlord is in breach of lease contract by turning off lights, A/C, access to bathroom, etc.... If there is a real lease in place a landlord cannot do those things. Also, as I said, all this hangs on weather or not your side of this story you are telling us is 100% true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom