• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    That's a fine looking rifle! I highly doubt you will be disappointed in the CZ 527. I know I love mine...

bman940

Bart, Nikon Pro Staff
    Oct 11, 2010
    North Texas
    Great pics, I have not had much success with the 7.62x39 having the accuracy I like to see out of a rifle. I hope yours is different. If you need help dialing in your scopes BDC reticle drop me a note and I'll be happy to help you out. I look forward to hearing about the accuracy as well, I would love to have a sub 1.25 7.62x39 rifle.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Great pics, I have not had much success with the 7.62x39 having the accuracy I like to see out of a rifle. I hope yours is different. If you need help dialing in your scopes BDC reticle drop me a note and I'll be happy to help you out. I look forward to hearing about the accuracy as well, I would love to have a sub 1.25 7.62x39 rifle.

I'll probably update tomorrow or Saturday (and feel strange doing it in the depot thread so may move to the rifle thread), but I hit an outdoor range with Zzzzz_man earlier in the evening. My objective was to shoot a few CZ rifles that I haven't shot previously, while quickly sighting in a couple of them. Will take the 527 out for accuracy testing in the summer, but I think we got a rough upper bounds of what the rifle is capable of.

We didn't have much time to shoot at 100 yards, but my last three shots were within 1.5-2.0 inches, shooting off my shoulder, but with my support arm elbow on the bench. I haven't even properly cleaned the barrel yet.

To give you a taste, here's a 5-shot group at 50 yards and the 3-shot group at 100 yards (squares are 0.5x0.5 inches) ...

b8298ce9964ff6e6ed981123179a6d9e.jpg
    a4f95d8cdb473e9a85daf331c237a480.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Ammo that we ran through in the pic below. They didn't exhibit huge differences. The Brown Bear 123 gr HPs (green box) were in the pics that I posted above for 50 and 100 yards. In the 50 yard pic, a cluster of shots using the Wolf Poly 123 gr HP (black box) is on the left.

cf511d965fd36590f95c16d004d79dbd.jpg

Last edited:

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Yep, that was the first time shooting a bolt action rifle in 7.62x39 and it was pretty interesting. Nice trigger on the CZ 527 and I'll bet if we had waited for the barrel to cool-down a little more than we did between five-shot strings, those groups would've been a bit tighter. As it was, Fidelity and I gave that rifle a nice work-out.

My ex-father-in-law would've loved something compact like that for use on his farm for pest/varmint control. The CZ 527 is super-handy.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Ammo that we ran through in the pic below. They didn't exhibit huge differences. The Brown Bear 123 gr HPs (green box) were in the pics that I posted above for 50 and 100 yards. In the 50 yard pic, a cluster of shots using the Wolf Poly 123 gr HP (black box) is on the left.

cf511d965fd36590f95c16d004d79dbd.jpg

Try golden tiger, their FMJ boat tales shoot better than anything I have run out of my Rem 799 in 7.62*39.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Same opinion here. Goofy combination. Much more of a curiosity than a useful tool.

You know, my initial reaction is exactly what you guys are saying. But I am starting to warm up to the idea of a bolt gun in this caliber. The ammo is so plentiful and inexpensive. Really no need to reload this caliber. I have a Ruger Ranch on the way in 6.5 Grendel; depending on how this goes I may look into one of these.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Pics of mine below. The 527 Carbine Rustic model (in 7.62x39) - that many places advertise as the American Rustic model and provide a picture of a 527 without iron sights. In fact I thought I was getting the latter model, but decided to keep the Carbine Rustic with iron sights after receiving. Required a higher scope mount, which Bob at Gunrunners took care of for me. As it is nominally a "brush gun", I don't mind the higher head position. She's wearing a Nikon Monarch 2-10x. Looking forward to seeing how she performs at the range, especially with cheap ammo.
    9b130652641be2090ec89b1fd5a2a94b.jpg
    c7529b8ac7aa7ef9a73400153d9fadc4.jpg

Oh boy - that is a beauty.

54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    I have a CZ and it's my favorite shooter now. It shoots the Russkie steel ammo very accurately as well as the brass cased Fusion for hunting. Now I have to work up some handholds. And my SKS's are for blasting away indiscriminately.

DetectiveWildman

Feb 27, 2018
    I was under the impression that cz527 and howa mini action were the go to's for 762x39 bolts. Ruger american nowadays too. Theres nothing better than shooting 30 cal for dirt ass cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom