• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HollowPoint

Aged Member
    Sep 13, 2011
    Inside the Outside
    Whats the process and rules regarding CCW in Delaware if your a resident? I ran a search and came up ZIP.

Mossyoak

Never enough
    Jan 5, 2009
    Ceciltucky
    Did you think about just getting your Utah permit? I believe DE requires you to take a state approved class so why not take the Utah class?

organized_mayhem

Legend in my own mind
    DE runs your name and address in the local paper for CCW. That is why many in DE get the FL permit.

If you are a DE resident, you cannot legally CCW in DE with an out of state permit.

Taken from deloc.org

· Residency requirement: First and foremost, you must be a resident of the state of Delaware. If you're not a resident, you have the option of obtaining a Florida or Utah permit -- these methods are both less expensive, grant widespread reciprocity and they're both shall issue permits. Also, it should be noted that, if you are a Delaware resident, an out of state permit with Delaware reciprocity is not valid for you in the state of Delaware. Delaware residents must have a Delaware CCDW to legally conceal.

mrjam2jab

Jul 23, 2010
    Levittown, PA
    If you are a DE resident, you cannot legally CCW in DE with an out of state permit.

Taken from deloc.org

Since you beat me to that answer...I'll back it up with actual statute :D

DE 11 ss 1441

(j) Notwithstanding any other provision of this Code to the contrary, the State of Delaware shall give full faith and credit and shall otherwise honor and give full force and effect to all licenses/permits issued to the citizens of other states where those issuing states also give full faith and credit and otherwise honor the licenses issued by the State of Delaware pursuant to this section and where those licenses/permits are issued by authority pursuant to state law and which afford a reasonably similar degree of protection as is provided by licensure in Delaware. For the purpose of this subsection "reasonably similar" does not preclude alternative or differing provisions nor a different source and process by which eligibility is determined. Notwithstanding the forgoing, if there is evidence of a pattern of issuing licenses/permits to convicted felons in another state, the Attorney General shall not include that state under the exception contained in this subsection even if the law of that state is determined to be "reasonably similar." The Attorney General shall communicate the provisions of this section to the Attorneys General of the several states and shall determine those states whose licensing/permit systems qualify for recognition under this section. The Attorney General shall publish on January 15th of each year a list of all States which have qualified for reciprocity under this subsection. Such list shall be valid for one year and any removal of a State from the list shall not occur without 1 year's notice of such impending removal. Such list shall be made readily available to all State and local law-enforcement agencies within the State as well as to all then-current holders of licenses issued by the State of Delaware pursuant to this Section.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Another thing to remember, If you are a Delaware resident and apply for a Utah permit you must first have your Delaware permit.

The attached is the Utah Statute as changed last year.

Attachments

• sb0036s01.pdf
      142.4 KB · Views: 137

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    Damn when did the DE law change. All the old farts got FL permits to not mess with the DE posting your address and name.

Well, my FL is still good in DE and VA. Just not in my home state :(

bluedog46

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2011
    Damn when did the DE law change. All the old farts got FL permits to not mess with the DE posting your address and name.

Well, my FL is still good in DE and VA. Just not in my home state :(

I dont recall when Delaware let residents of delaware carry concealed with a non-rest premit.

To answer you question though the reason would be that no one ( including myself) would probably get a Delaware permit if they were required to honor the Florida permit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom