• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NotAGunNut...

Jan 30, 2019
    Anne Arundel County
    Not your typical member here. Know the name might put some folks off - but not a troll by any stretch.

Not a fan of the NRA -- way too political for me. Was a member back in the day when it was about safety and responsible gun ownership.

Former Army (9 years) - and a career DoD civilian since leaving the military. My 2nd Amendment thoughts may be a little out of the mainstream for a group like this.

All that said, my wife and I like to shoot. We have several weapons (223's and 9mm's (Canik TP9SF and Ruger Security 9 - his and hers...). We both think Maryland is excessive when it comes to gun regulations...

Main reason for joining is to get a better sense of ranges in the area, and good buys for ammo. Been following a number of the threads here and you all seem to have a good sense of where to go in the state. We are members at Freestate and have shot at On Target. Like to find a good open air range when the weather gets nicer for the rifles...

knovotny

Feb 5, 2013
    Aberdeen, MD
    Welcome! The Associated Gun Clubs in Marriottsville is a nice range with a variety of clubs to join. Monumental Rifle and Pistol there is a good non political club with fun shoots, social activities, and good people. That may be worth a look. I am not very familiar with anything else that way.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    I have guns and like to shoot them - Enthusiast.

I have guns, like to shoot them, then buy more guns and shoot them, and then hang out on MD Shooters all day accumulating 5 digits of posts in 6 months....

You MIGHT be a gun nut. :rolleyes:

Welcome from Carroll County.

NotAGunNut...

Jan 30, 2019
    Anne Arundel County
    I have guns and like to shoot them - Enthusiast.

I have guns, like to shoot them, then buy more guns and shoot them, and then hang out on MD Shooters all day accumulating 5 digits of posts in 6 months....

You MIGHT be a gun nut. :rolleyes:

Welcome from Carroll County.

Thanks - I was talking to a buddy last week about where that fine line is between enthusiast and "nut." He began talking about his collection, then couldn't figure out just how many guns he owns (lives in Virginia...) -- I laughed and said there's the line --- when you don't know how many you have...

Bart_man

Clinging to gun&religion
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hazzard County
    I take it from your choice of Indoor ranges that you might have something to do with DoD in the area of Fort Meade.

we might want to have a PM conversation.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Since you are in AA and members at Freestate, I assume you are not afraid of driving a little. I suggest you check out Delmarva Sporting Clays range just south of Vienna. Almost right on Rt50. Its probably the rifle range you are thinking of.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    I have found the Hap Baker facility behind the Carroll County landfill well worth the drive. Out of county veterans can join for $70/year making it a great value. The range goes out to 200 yards and is well kept. It suits my shooting needs but can be busy on the weekends and waiting for one of their ten rifle lanes to open is not uncommon.

http://ccgovernment.carr.org/ccg/recpark/hapbaker/

AGC in Marriottsville is also a very nice facility and much larger than Hap Baker. To shoot there, you must first join an associated club, the NRA, and attend an orientation. The individual fee was $170/year the last time I checked. This is a 100 yard range for paper and up to 200 for steel. You must be certified for steel to use that range as I recall. It is probably the most diverse range in the area. I was a member there for several years and I do not recall ever having to wait for a lane to become available. It is also a little less of a drive from AA county, but not by more than about 10 minutes.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• msi_welcome.jpg
      msi_welcome.jpg
      30.2 KB · Views: 128

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    Welcome, another AA resident. I recently joined Garrison Rifle and Pistol Club, member of AGC. Meade has a club too, but shooting at their range is a bit more involved than other clubs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom