• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    This whole thing is freaking DUMB. If they spun it and pointed it then fired they need to be charged

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    These are the the Representatives of people allowed to have guns so we don't need them. :rolleyes:

No it is not too soon. Who is that f'ing stupid.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    It is murder in my mind. Pointing a loaded weapon at someone and pulling the trigger is murder (unless there is a defensive reason). From the article I read he pulled the trigger THREE times, what did he think was going to happen.

Plus, he and his partner were on duty at his house. So much wrong with all of this. I think they killed her on purpose and are making up this moronic story to try to get off some.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    It is murder in my mind. Pointing a loaded weapon at someone and pulling the trigger is murder (unless there is a defensive reason).

Thankfully juries are required to follow the law, not opinion. Murder is an intentional killing with malice aforethought. Manslaughter is an accidental killing due to extreme negligence or recklessness. Law definitions vary somewhat state to state, but generally follow that train of thought.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    "Police Commissioner John W. Hayden Jr. called it an “accidental discharge of the weapon.”

F'n idiot, no part of that event was "accidental"

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I actually went to a homicide with this exact same scenario but with a horrible cover up. Poor kid.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Thankfully juries are required to follow the law, not opinion. Murder is an intentional killing with malice aforethought. Manslaughter is an accidental killing due to extreme negligence or recklessness. Law definitions vary somewhat state to state, but generally follow that train of thought.

^^THIS.
    Stupid? Yes if it went down as reported.
    Unfortunately this is already being tried in the court of public opinion where where there are no rights or rules.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    As I read the linked story , Hendren spun the cylinder , and went Click , pointed away from people, Alix then took gun pointed at Hendren, and went Click. Hendren followed suit, pointed at Alix, and went Bang .

Unmentioned in news story , if cylinder spun inbetween each occurence , or if cumulative during the whole exercise .

Before even reading the link, my thought was there had to be copious alcohol involved . But with Hendren & partner being on duty, I'm scratching my head .

As outlined in the link , this would fit textbook case of Manslaughter .

Meho1277

Oct 18, 2018
    No sorry.....this is not involuntary manslaughter,
    This is negligent homocide.....he/they all knew better. But, you know what they say
    YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID
    Accidental discharge of a firearm is sooo rare that the term should be erased from language.
    99.9999999% of these incidents are negligent discharge of a firearm, and should be treated as such.

Homicide is the act of one human killing another. A homicide requires only a volitional act by another person that results in death, and thus a homicide may result from accidental, reckless, or negligent acts even if there is no intent to cause harm.

Last edited:

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    How did an idiot like that get through the academy? It's not an accident; it's sheer negligence at best.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Negligent homicide is the definition of manslaughter...

It is homicide, non natural killing of another human, by negligence.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Meho1277

Oct 18, 2018
    Negligent homicide is the definition of manslaughter...

It is homicide, non natural killing of another human, by negligence.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ok, i am not trying to split hairs here, but to me, in my humble opinion, manslaughter.....to me, is something like a little old lady, who shouldnt be driving, mashed the gas and thought it was the brake, and ran over someone, negligent homocide, once again....to me, is two cops, BTW, who really really really really should have known better, playing russian roulette with a loaded handgun, and one ends up dead.
    Just sayin

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom