• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I went to get my prescriptions at Walmart on the way to work. Decided to get some ammo since I was there anyway. I asked the lady for some 9mm NATO, which I picked out of the case. She asked if I wanted one of the cans of ammo, since they were going on clearance. 720 rounds of 5.56, normally $540ish, for $75. I bought all four cans. Each can had three 240 round battle packs. I think I made out on this.

Trekker

Oct 20, 2011
    Harford County
    You definitely did well on this. Thanks for the heads-up, I will stop in at Walmart after work. Unfortunately, after work probably means that any such deals will be gone.

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    I went to get my prescriptions at Walmart on the way to work. Decided to get some ammo since I was there anyway. I asked the lady for some 9mm NATO, which I picked out of the case. She asked if I wanted one of the cans of ammo, since they were going on clearance. 720 rounds of 5.56, normally $540ish, for $75. I bought all four cans. Each can had three 240 round battle packs. I think I made out on this.

That can't be right. $75 is a steal but an original price of $540 for 720 rounds is obscenely expensive. Its almost double what it should cost.

Trekker

Oct 20, 2011
    Harford County
    That can't be right. $75 is a steal but an original price of $540 for 720 rounds is obscenely expensive. Its almost double what it should cost.

Maybe that is why Walmart was not selling it, and after sitting untouched on the shelves for an extended period, has overshot the reasonable markdown price down to overly cheap.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium

Those ammo cans have been in there since the last ammo shortage. Nobody bought them, even when there was nothing else available.

When it was hard to find ammo a few years back Walmart was offering those cans at gouging prices. When ammo became easier to find and the prices went down many stores were stuck with cans they could not sell. I'm surprised they didn't do this earlier. Very few stores still have them on their shelves thought. You got lucky..very good deal.

firemanyz

MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2011
    Eastern Shore

Can you post the UPC code so we can search to see if anyone has it in stock.

Thank you

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE

Are you sure that's not 420 rounds? Those cans came in QTY 420 not 720 IIRC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom