• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    As a moco resident, I appreciate the information in this thread.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    They just opened their hiring process a few weeks ago

Lol I'm sure he of all people knows that but thats not an end all to be all......that drops what 15-30 new officers on the street every 3-4 months. I know my department is much larger but we easily lose 35-45 officers a month for various reasons.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    How long has he been the police? Sounds like he's got my vote and I'm all for deputies doing more than transport and occasional DUI checkpoint.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Lol I'm sure he of all people knows that but thats not an end all to be all......that drops what 15-30 new officers on the street every 3-4 months. I know my department is much larger but we easily lose 35-45 officers a month for various reasons.

That sounds like a lot of turnover! How many are in the department?

4guyz1stool

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 16, 2017
    Don't we already have a police force in MoCo. Rockville has their own police and Gaithersburg has their own police and it may be that some down county enclaves have their own police too. Don't we have park police too and maybe some more police. Do we really need the Sheriff's deputies getting out amongst the population? Why should we clog our hi-ways and by-ways with more police?

Sheriff's deputies typically serve warrants, subpoenas, court security, etc. Think US Marshals, but for the county, not the country. They dont typically conduct patrol like MCPD does. Its really a different job than the police. Frederick Sheriff's dept is a little unusually and is not the norm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom