• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    The antis already have a roadmap. It just takes time to drive across the country. Look at California.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    The antis already have a roadmap. It just takes time to drive across the country. Look at California.

I don't see CA as a roadmap as much as it is one of several ongoing experiments by the antis. Other experiments include NY, NJ, IL, DC, HI, and of course, MD. Each trying slightly different approaches to their endgame. They pushed too hard in DC and lost, but so far the rest of them are moving along. NY may be the next to define the boundary of "too far, too fast" after SCOTUS gets through with their "no transport" law. But IL's FOID has survived since 1968, so it's a baseline for the antis of something courts will let them get away with. Hence the HQL and now the attempt at LGQL.

Last edited:

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    BINGO!!!
    Anyone on MDS that thinks the antis don't get intel from this site are either fooling themselves or are fools. For some reason, we keep handing them all the info they need to further their agenda. On Thursday, there were 400+ guests reading the HBAR thread at the same time. That was not 400 random readers.

ETA- As I type this, there are 8 members and 3 guests watching this thread. During "bankers hours" that number may realistically be 8 members and 400 guests.

I was one of those 400+ guests. I'm not letting my employer's key logging software record my password.

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    I can think of several ways "Red Flag" Law, tipped off. Personally, I believe if they pass such a law they will have to grandfather everyone from the date enacted backwards. And think for a moment if the overall affect of data mining if you have access or create access for certain information. I dare not say more.

They didn't grandfather echo triggers. They are running wild on the streets of unconstitutional roadmaps and I don't see what will stop them. The communists seek to disarm us. There is no other way to interpret it.

I think that's probably his reason for suggesting it.

The "pay to play" idea goes over like a lead balloon too. I've regrettably suggested (at least) a premium membership as a way to raise funds and also keep a portion of the content semi-private'ish. I got backlash from bottom all the way to the literal top (at the time).

Some here believe there are spys among us and there might be...but there are plenty of ways to get info to further any nefarious agenda. ..and I personally don't give a rat's ass if the libs see what they might consider threats. I'm quit sure if they come here to soy, they probably have enough posts to enter the WC.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Some here believe there are spys among us and there might be...but there are plenty of ways to get info to further any nefarious agenda. ..and I personally don't give a rat's ass if the libs see what they might consider threats. I'm quit sure if they come here to spy, they probably have enough posts to enter the WC.

And they would certainly have enough cash to buy into any pay site.

Let's hope that what I just posted elsewhere comes to pass a little more often - overcoming ignorance and learning their base premise is flawed is a danger to them.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Some here believe there are spys among us and there might be...but there are plenty of ways to get info to further any nefarious agenda. ..and I personally don't give a rat's ass if the libs see what they might consider threats. I'm quit sure if they come here to soy, they probably have enough posts to enter the WC.
    Post count isn't the answer (at all).

I don't care what anyone else thinks either, until they're able to use it against me due to someone blabbering.

Might as well have been a neon sign posted here pointing to the fact that an HBAR is still an "assault rifle" (per popular description).

For years I've heard about a "gun show" loophole, never actually even been to a show but I've certainly done a lot of fully legal FTF long gun transfers.

Malleovic

Apr 21, 2017
    Maryland
    No point being cagey about it, MDSP knows what their authorities are already. Anything you bought from any regulated firearms dealer in-state either is known to, or can be easily discovered by, the State of MD.
    One more reason to be concerned about HB0740- not only will there be no more 80 lowers or anything else non-trackable, existing 80 builds will need to get serialized and (I assume) put into the system.

They are trying to force everyone to "get on the list".

nmyers

Jul 9, 2016
    Does anyone remember the "beltway sniper" case in October, 2002? MSP knocked on the door of everyone who had bought an AR-15 AFTER THAT MODEL HAD BECOME A "REGULATED FIREARM". Those who owned an AR-15 when it was just a "rifle" didn't get visited.

Federal law prohibits the federal government from maintaining computer records of firearms purchasers. Of course, there is no restriction on what MSP can keep.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Does anyone remember the "beltway sniper" case in October, 2002? MSP knocked on the door of everyone who had bought an AR-15 AFTER THAT MODEL HAD BECOME A "REGULATED FIREARM". Those who owned an AR-15 when it was just a "rifle" didn't get visited.

Federal law prohibits the federal government from maintaining computer records of firearms purchasers. Of course, there is no restriction on what MSP can keep.

Ummm everyone?......no they didn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    One more reason to be concerned about HB0740- not only will there be no more 80 lowers or anything else non-trackable, existing 80 builds will need to get serialized and (I assume) put into the system.

They are trying to force everyone to "get on the list".

No, they will be banned. There will be no serializing. The law bans any firearm made that doesn’t have a serial number from a licensed manufacturer or importer. I assume you are neither.

Malleovic

Apr 21, 2017
    Maryland
    No, they will be banned. There will be no serializing. The law bans any firearm made that doesn’t have a serial number from a licensed manufacturer or importer. I assume you are neither.

How is this not a taking under the 5th amendment? You can't sell an unserialized firearm before the deadline because that's illegal under federal law. If we also have no avenue to serialize the thing legally before the deadline, AND there's no grandfather clause (since the date specified was 86), we're stuck with destroying the thing, which denies us any value from ownership of the property.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    How is this not a taking under the 5th amendment? You can't sell an unserialized firearm before the deadline because that's illegal under federal law. If we also have no avenue to serialize the thing legally before the deadline, AND there's no grandfather clause (since the date specified was 86), we're stuck with destroying the thing, which denies us any value from ownership of the property.

They already set that precedent. With Bumpstocks.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

Yep. If I had built any 80% firearms, they would have been built with very good quality parts and would have cost a lot of money.

Malleovic

Apr 21, 2017
    Maryland
    They already set that precedent. With Bumpstocks.

Iirc, prior to the ATF's most recent decision it would have been legal to sell a bumpstock out of state, so you could be compensated that way. The owner of a finished 80 has no such recourse, since that would break federal law.

Unless you're talking about the ATF's decision itself. Re that, I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom