• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rdblan2

Mar 10, 2007
    Does anyone teach some basic first aid classes or can recommend some type of first aid type training?

I don't need to be able to put in a chest tube or anything, but I'd like to take a first aid / CPR class to brush up.

Thanks!

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Does anyone teach some basic first aid classes or can recommend some type of first aid type training?

I don't need to be able to put in a chest tube or anything, but I'd like to take a first aid / CPR class to brush up.

Thanks!

Great idea asking here, lots of good instructors on MDS.

Also check out your local fire/rescue unit; nearly all of them offer training to regular citizens. And to keep their instructor status, they have to teach, so you can often find free or cheap training.

You said 'brush up', so you've had some emergency medical training before? If so you can probably get by just watching some current technique videos, and practicing on/with a friend.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Great idea asking here, lots of good instructors on MDS.

Also check out your local fire/rescue unit; nearly all of them offer training to regular citizens. And to keep their instructor status, they have to teach, so you can often find free or cheap training.

You said 'brush up', so you've had some emergency medical training before? If so you can probably get by just watching some current technique videos, and practicing on/with a friend.

Giving this a bump!

Baltimore County Fire-Rescue Academy offers a $35 CPR class in Sparrows Point. Next one is April 9th, with a registration cut-off on the 1st.

http://www.baltimorecountymd.gov/Agencies/fire/fire_academy/cpr.html

Whiskey

Sep 28, 2012
    Crownsville, MD
    Annapolis Defense & Security is teaching Tactical Combat Casualty Care. The TCCC-MP class is scheduled for March 29-30. This class is oriented to Medical Professionals, MD, RN, EMS, and folks with a strong first-aid background. We are going to be putting together a TCCC-AC (All Combatants) class that will be a two day program beginning with an AHA first aid class. We can also supply TCCC IFAK as well as shooter first aid kits. Email us aty info@annapolisdefense.com if you want to know more. there are only 3 slots in the 3/29-20 TCCC-MP class so if you want it, sign up today!

Gaspasser19

Oct 17, 2015
    I found that 4 years of medical school and a 4 year residency in anesthesiology was rather helpful. It's a marketable skill, not as lucrative as plumbing or roofing but not bad.:sad20:

Gaspasser19

Oct 17, 2015
    Any recommendations for a self employed father/husband who only has a few hours a week to spare and $100-150 to spend?

The system of Basic Life Support(BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support(ACLS) that the American Heart Association sponsors is the standard used by most, if not all, hospitals and EMS systems in this country. They tend to be reasonably inexpensive courses and don't require a huge time commitment. Try a google search for the program nearest to you.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Resurrecting this old thread but looking for some current class info.

I finally signed up to take Basic First Aid and CPR/AED class in Jan. It’s been on my ToDo list for many many years and I just never seemed to make it happen.

I’ve also decided to offer it free to any of my employees who want to take it as well.

Anyway, for myself, I’ve been searching for some sort of followup class Like GSW or Trauma Care but I cannot seem to find many options. Has anyone taken one or could recommend one in central MD area?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom