• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    Does anyone have any personal opinions on these rifles? Any have one? Shot one?

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    bil just got one in 6.5prc. he really likes it, couple of ~1/2moa 3 shot groups so far with (the only) factory ammo.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    friend of mine owns one in 6.5prc. It shoots ok with factory ammo. With the assistance of Whidden Gunworks dies and some careful sorting and prep of the (questionable) hornady brass, it will deliver 5 rounds under and inch even on a bad day and has shot multiple .5 inch groups. Just keep in mind that the barrels are not terribly heavy and that a large powder bottle like the PRC is not going to deliver as tight a grouping as the smaller cases in a gun of the same weight.

The bolt design is sort of unique but that isn't a bad thing in and of itself. I looked into them very hard (i would have paid 60% of street price, so I was curious) but once I got into the details, I was less enthused. The bolt is of larger than normal diameter (again, not a bad thing in and of itself, but it means a custom made bore guide and a custom made action wrench are in order), the action is a push feed with plunger ejector (a strike to me after my experiences with CRF actions), and Seekins would not provide a price, part number, or even a lead time on replacement "pre fit" barrels. The last part really shot it in the head. One of their selling points was a "no gunsmith required" rebarrel option. When that isn't on the table from go, I get worried. When the mfg is squirrelly about answering questions, I become disinterested.

Take my opinions with a big grain of salt. I am a self-admitted rifle snob.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom