• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    My last and final firearms purchase is always may last purchase. Why is that?

See my post in the depot. 14 months ago I owned 5 calibers and gauges. Later this week I should own 15 :sad20:

You guys who said a C&R was dangerous were right. 4 of those calibers collected are as a direct result and 6 guns. Since F-ing May.

I swear I really am done. Even if most of those guns have been ~$200, add in the ammo and it’s more like I’ve blown $2k+ between them. That doesn’t include the two calibers/guns that were acquired since May that have nothing to do with my C&R license (and like another $1400 worth of guns and ammo between the two).

Now a couple of my guns were gifts, not purchases. But I still bought ammo for them. Some were just finishing projects, like my 80% Glock 17.

For the next long while if I get any guns, unless it is some unicorn at a ridiculously cheap price, any other guns I buy are going to fit in to one of the calibers I already own. And at that I think I am going to try resisting buying any other guns this year unless it is a Savage Rascal or similar for my kids. Next year I’ll try to finish my AR-10 project and I might let myself get something C&R related. Maybe a Cz-82 or another Garand or something.

TargetGrade

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2017
    Pensultucky
    Heck yeah. So long as you aren’t expecting a precision sniper rifle, they are dirt cheap to feed (or as cheap as a centerfire can get). Minute of man out to 250yds and some SKS could probably manage that out to 300 or 350yds. Pretty rugged. Very easy to maintain. IMHO pretty to look at with a good wood finish.

I wouldn’t pay $600 for one, but $300-450 still seems like a fair price to me for what you get.

I've paid between 2 and 400 for each of the four I now have. 400 being for the Russian, time to say "when'. Now what's next for me... who knows, another 03A3 or 1917 to replace the one I foolishly sold? :o

TargetGrade

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2017
    Pensultucky
    Last SKS.. HAH. give it a year

A. I'm not as rich as you
    B. I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, .....:P

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    A. I'm not as rich as you
    B. I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, I have no addiction, .....:P

Hi, my name’s Lazarus and I’ve been gun purchase free for 11 days.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    See my post in the depot. 14 months ago I owned 5 calibers and gauges. Later this week I should own 15 :sad20:

You guys who said a C&R was dangerous were right. 4 of those calibers collected are as a direct result and 6 guns. Since F-ing May.

I swear I really am done. Even if most of those guns have been ~$200, add in the ammo and it’s more like I’ve blown $2k+ between them. That doesn’t include the two calibers/guns that were acquired since May that have nothing to do with my C&R license (and like another $1400 worth of guns and ammo between the two).

Now a couple of my guns were gifts, not purchases. But I still bought ammo for them. Some were just finishing projects, like my 80% Glock 17.

For the next long while if I get any guns, unless it is some unicorn at a ridiculously cheap price, any other guns I buy are going to fit in to one of the calibers I already own. And at that I think I am going to try resisting buying any other guns this year unless it is a Savage Rascal or similar for my kids. Next year I’ll try to finish my AR-10 project and I might let myself get something C&R related. Maybe a Cz-82 or another Garand or something.

6 since May isnt that bad in my book, but i bought 5 last week(20 since dec). Also if you are buying C&R stuff at decent prices then you havent "blown" any money. They are a investment. They will continue to go up so long as you take care of them.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I think we warned you about that... :D

Nope. Never. No one spoke up to caution me to the dangers of a C&R license. :lol2:

I’ve been eyeing up a Cz82. Those P64s are fun and it feels like they should have a 9MAK buddy.

Fortunately I’ll be out of the state for most of August so I literally can’t buy one.

Man, the pain of getting magazines for one though.

PS it is also 8. I hadn’t included the P64s I got last week

TargetGrade

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2017
    Pensultucky
    Ashamedly so I must confess, I'm going to look at a Security Six tomorrow. :o

OH I HAVE SINNED!

T0820k.jpg

Clark W. Griswold

Oct 5, 2009
    Fortunately I’ll be out of the state for most of August so I literally can’t buy one.

That’s why you take copies of your license with you. You can buy c&r guns in any state!

I’ll be out of the country for over half of August. That will keep me from buying anything.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    That’s why you take copies of your license with you. You can buy c&r guns in any state!

I’ll be out of the country for over half of August. That will keep me from buying anything.

Not if I value my marriage. I’ll be in Alaska with my wife’s family for almost 2 weeks. I ain’t dealing with flying a new gun home or shipping it to myself (or having the shop ship it). And my in-laws are NOT gun folk if you know what I mean.

Otherwise, yes, I leave a copy of my C&R in my glove box and a picture of it on my phone so I could also email it to a shop if I am standing in it so they can print it.

TargetGrade

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2017
    Pensultucky
    Didn't buy any guns BUT I did buy 28 THOUSAND primers. :o Might they sound like a machine gun if thrown in fire???:innocent0
    The bones are window dressing.

Attachments

• IMG_0277.JPG
      IMG_0277.JPG
      56.4 KB · Views: 65

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver