• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Oh heck no...I'm still full of hope, just pointing out the status quo is as bad as it can get is all.

Call me jaded... but...

IMO, a stay is a draw going into halftime.

A lifting of the stay is a big lead at the half, some momentum, and more players end up getting into the game.

A loss (at CA4) could easily mean a doubling down of restrictions by the state.

For now, hopeful patience is all we can give, as we sit on the bench.

eyesinpines

Mar 4, 2011
    Call me jaded... but...

IMO, a stay is a draw going into halftime.

A lifting of the stay is a big lead at the half, some momentum, and more players end up getting into the game.

A loss (at CA4) could easily mean a doubling down of restrictions by the state.

For now, hopeful patience is all we can give, as we sit on the bench.
    Interesting analalogy...

how about we have the ball 1st and 10 on the 10 yard line, 30 seconds to go till halftime, and the official is letting the clock run down. All we can do is stand and watch.

ShortSight

Aug 20, 2011
    Laurel
    Interesting analalogy...

how about we have the ball 1st and 10 on the 10 yard line, 30 seconds to go till halftime, and the official is letting the clock run down...

I don't agree with this at all. It seems to me the concept is closer to:

For 50 plus (perhaps 100 plus) years, every game we have played in has been under the rules that the flashy team with the fancy suits and equipment gets to run and pass normally. At the same time we have had to wear rubber waders and can't go past the opposition's ten-yard line. What's worse, for all those years the corrupt referee has agreed that those are the rules.
    :mad54:
    Perhaps with a new referee we can at least get an even start...

:sad20:

eyesinpines

Mar 4, 2011
    I don't agree with this at all. It seems to me the concept is closer to:

For 50 plus (perhaps 100 plus) years, every game we have played in has been under the rules that the flashy team with the fancy suits and equipment gets to run and pass normally. At the same time we have had to wear rubber waders and can't go past the opposition's ten-yard line. What's worse, for all those years the corrupt referee has agreed that those are the rules.
    :mad54:
    Perhaps with a new referee we can at least get an even start...

:sad20:
    That's good...trouble is the new referree has many more important games than ours to take care of right now. Our game is on his schedule, but as a definate maybe.

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    Interesting analalogy...

how about we have the ball 1st and 10 on the 10 yard line, 30 seconds to go till halftime, and the official is letting the clock run down. All we can do is stand and watch.

Given what the current ruling is, we are up by a field goal, so just chill out and wait for the end.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    As long as getting historical, since the topic is Md specific , it is circa 1972 , aka 40yrs.

Circa 100yrs is NY. Late 'teens to mid '20s was the origional state by state gun ban/ control push by antis.

This was countered by the NRA with "Uniform Postol & Revolver Act" . In really simplified form, was model legislation providing for basically unhampered purchase , and requiring Permit for carry.

In this context , the now scorned NRA did score buncha major victoried , and kept gun ownership alive.

Warpspasm

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2010
    Harford, Co.

Attachments

• shining1.gif
      shining1.gif
      517.7 KB · Views: 585

apagios

Jun 4, 2012
    I ordered my MTAC last week! Though at the time I ordered it mainly for my road trip to CO this summer, Just got my call for an interview 30 seconds ago! :D

Interviewing today at 1300, the officer told me she just got my application today and is trying to get it submitted up the line ASAP. So I'm interviewing today, references are calling her, and Wednesday morning I'll drop off copies of my training certificates. She said she would get it submitted on Wednesday.

She was very polite on the phone, and seemed genuine in her desire to get my paperwork completed in a timely manner. I'll post an update to the interview thread this afternoon :)

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Did she request training certifications?

If she did, I don't understand MSP asking for things that are not legally required and should have zero bearing on permit issuance. What else could they begin asking for that isn't legally required?

Or are you just presenting them?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Stew

Latest threads

Top Bottom