71.7 KB · Views: 263

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Nice!!

I got pics of my w this morning also. Forging process pics

I ordered one of these for now about two weeks ago.

Will order more shortly.

I like the Xiphos in this custom pic and will order shortly.

Attachments

• blade dui chirra (1).jpg
      blade dui chirra (1).jpg
      98.4 KB · Views: 268
    • Xiphos custom.jpg
      Xiphos custom.jpg
      63.6 KB · Views: 254

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I ordered one of these for now about two weeks ago.

Will order more shortly.

I like the Xiphos in this custom pic and will order shortly.

Did you get a price on the Xiphos I inquired but never got an answer. Like that gladius look about it.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    The guy Andrew Lucas told me

Did you get a price on the Xiphos I inquired but never got an answer. Like that gladius look about it.

Like $290 with a Western leather sheath. I also inquired about the custom dozum i will attach. He said that is around $135
    Below is the Dozum

Looked up xiphos versus gladius and people say gladius over xiphos as better weapon of war. Who know. It looks nice.

Attachments

• 060C0927-3ACD-427D-84C0-2EF5C892E1F6.jpg
      060C0927-3ACD-427D-84C0-2EF5C892E1F6.jpg
      88.6 KB · Views: 374

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Now this is their gladius

Damn

Attachments

• 460BEBA6-EA0B-4335-9290-60FBEAAE404F.jpg
      460BEBA6-EA0B-4335-9290-60FBEAAE404F.jpg
      60.6 KB · Views: 286

Javo-J10

Dec 26, 2016
    Hanover, PA
    Wow. I saw they posted it on Instagram too and they plugged this MDS thread with a link. iPhone camera in portrait mode takes a decent pic! Perhaps I should place another order.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wow. I saw they posted it on Instagram too and they plugged this MDS thread with a link. iPhone camera in portrait mode takes a decent pic! Perhaps I should place another order.

They should provide some royalties. I know I am now set on ordering something with a horn handle...…..just not sure what. Probably two given I hate to pay their shipping for one when it costs like $2 more to add a second.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Its delivery day.

Mk1 and a Mini. Extremely well packed and delivery in a timely manner from DHL.

100_2083.JPG

100_2092.JPG

A few things I learned I definitely like the feel of the Mk1 that may affect my future choices. I wanted something more traditional. Only thing is I wish I went with satin, the polish is nice but it has a few minor imperfections from where the saran wrap was stuck to it nothing a little flitz wont fix. I definitely like the Indian rosewood.

On the mini its a well balanced little pig sticker, I would have gone a little bigger for a field knife this thing is like the table knife from hell. Satin finish looks great but the white rosewood just doesn't look good, that was my choice and not an issue with Kalaish its probably why you don't see many of them in white. Its got a great feel for a boot knife easy to grab handle in a hurry.

The leather on both is really nice I hope they offer a tan or brown leather in the future. Plus it smells right. Back in the 90s when I used to work a lot with cheap imported Indian horse tack, you knew they tanned it in urine or something similar. This doesn't have that odor.

Ill order again thinking about what and usually 2 given that its only a few bucks more to ship 2 as opposed to one.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Were yours wrapped in the same third world looking parchment paper that mine came in?

Yup that with rubber bands, bubble wrap, saran wrap...…….its cool and it worked. They really did do a lot to protect the blades. Never saw a knife wrapped on the outside and the blade wrapped in the sheath with more. Plus oil lots of heavy oil.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Yup that with rubber bands, bubble wrap, saran wrap...…….its cool and it worked. They really did do a lot to protect the blades. Never saw a knife wrapped on the outside and the blade wrapped in the sheath with more. Plus oil lots of heavy oil.

Mine was heavily oiled for sure

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom